Only in America...

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Robban said:
The poor kid was hungry is all.
Could have been for all we know.
There was a time that mothers nursed their children at that age. I think 4 years old is a little old to nurse but years ago it was not that uncommon.
My wife has nursed each of our boys until they were 2. The pressure by others to stop after the first year was/is amazing. My 4 year old (when he was 3) used to see his little brother nursing and he would ask if he can have some. Of course we would say no he is too old but that habit was still fresh in his mind even after nearly 2 years. He has not asked for about 4 months now so he understands it is just for the baby.

Or maybe the little boy is just used to sleeping on his mothers chest and those 2 natural pillows.

Children see breast as God made them. Nourishment and comfort. Too bad this woman sees hers as sex objects. Tells me more about her than it does the little boy.

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I originally apologized for my post above, as it seemed unduly harsh.

But on further review, it seems informative, factual and enlightening. Just what you would expect from Powernoodle. :laughing:

cheers

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The teacher probably was reporting the boy in a race to beat a report against her since we live in such a litigious society. I will agree what is in the woman and the school board's minds is troubling and not what's in the boy's mind.

Life NRA, yes the pressure to conform is great when raising children. Other parents think there has to be something wrong with your parenting if you do anything different (or traditional). If you don't let the kids watch TV that is cruel. If you don't routinely feed them junk food then that is depriving them. Parents even pretend that day care is now a plus and that pre school is a necessity. It's all just hiding their own lazy parenting behind conformity and denying their own anemic efforts. It's not that long ago leaving kids in front of the TV eating junk food after picking them up from day care would have been seen as neglect by the society as a whole. The phobia behind breast feeding is the same.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Bogus1 said:
It's all just hiding their own lazy parenting behind conformity and denying their own anemic efforts. It's not that long ago leaving kids in front of the TV eating junk food after picking them up from day care would have been seen as neglect by the society as a whole.
Truer words have never been spoken. :twothumbs

I'll also add to that the tendency to overdiagnose "attention deficit disorder" in order to drug the kids up so their caretakers/parents don't have to deal with them. Fact is too many people have kids who really are ill-equipped to take care of them. It would be nice is there was less societal pressure on couples to procreate. Far too many couples have kids just because they think it's expected. Maladjusted adults are the end result of these incompetent parents.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
jtr1962 said:
I'll also add to that the tendency to overdiagnose "attention deficit disorder" in order to drug the kids up so their caretakers/parents don't have to deal with them.

ADD is actually a genetic thing, If someone tells me their kid has ADD/ADHD I always ask them if it comes from the mothers or the fathers bloodline. If their kid really has ADD/ADHD, they'll be able to tell you, and it usually is the start of an interesting conversation (if I can keep my mind to it long enough). Otherwise I'll have the chance to educate someone or they go all defensive and I'll know they're full of poop...

Yes I have ADD (and for those who might wonder: I wasn't diagnosed with it until I was at an adult age. And my father has it, my sister has it also diagnosed as adults)

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtr1962 said:
It would be nice is there was less societal pressure on couples to procreate. Far too many couples have kids just because they think it's expected. Maladjusted adults are the end result of these incompetent parents.

I think it'd be better if education on birth control and STD's was FAR more widespread, and at younger ages than is currently considered reasonable. I disagree with people having kids because it's expected. I think a lot more kids are just flat accidental, due to ignorance about birth control methods.

:buddies:

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
powernoodle said:
I originally apologized for my post above, as it seemed unduly harsh.

But on further review, it seems informative, factual and enlightening. Just what you would expect from Powernoodle. :laughing:

cheers

You left out "modest" :)