OOPS

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Total impulse buy today. I pretty much NEVER do that. :crazy:

Task Force Cree(?) 2C light from Lowes. It's the one that says "60 times brighter" on the front. The led inside has the pair of wires across it.

Anyway, I'd been thinking that I needed something with good throw but easier to carry around than my 3D Mag w/ the led drop in. Soooo, I thought I'd browse a bit at Lowes and then Home Depot to see what they had. I wanted to compare the size of the TF light vs. a 2C Mag I'd seen at Home Depot. I figured the 2C Mag might be good with the discounted led drop in from Target, and a possible modded incan setup if I wanted to try that sometime.

Well, I didn't make it to Home Depot! :laughing:

I was standing there looking at the TF light and thinking to myself, "okay, it's only 30 bucks... I've got a good job right now, luckily.... I live pretty Spartan-like for the most part..... and, you never know, tomorrow or next week I could drop dead or be run over by a dump truck or something.... SO, given all THAT, I'm buying this freakin' flashlight!!" :crackup:

Anyway, I think I solved my need for a reasonably small thrower to light up any far dark corners I come across at work. Indoors with ceiling bounce and everything, the TF seems on par or slightly brighter than the 3D Magled.

I was gonna try it outside my apartment tonight, but as I was walking up to the back door with the flashlight on, there was a neighbor standing outside smoking and staring at me, so I figured it wasn't a good time to stand there and start shining the light all over the place :devil:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on your new purchase. Nothing beats a good light in a dark night!.....don't forget to get batteries.....

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, I need to get some C cells now. Target has good prices on big packs of Rayovac alkaline. I thought about getting some AA to C adapters (for NiMH), but for now I think I'll just stick with regular C alkaline.

SafetyBob

Enlightened
I like many here have some worthless cheap lights all the way up to the way expensive ones. What light do I take up to the attics to play in fiberglass, dirt, and dust? My Taskforce 2C.....the one I like the best is the cree version (I have the older Luxeon too). Excellent light for the money.

I just bought a few NiMH C batteries from Thomas Distributing to try in them to see how they compare to regular batteries. Wrap a piece of paper around the batteries a couple of times to keep them from rattling if it bugs you......also makes it seem more expensive of a light too!!

Enjoy your new flashlight!! You made the right decision.

Bob E.