Opinions for new duty light

Snulfur

Newly Enlightened
I really like the idea of the Sunlight T6 XML that he has on offer. Though it seems as I'd have to make a special order because Sweden is not listen, but every other nordic country is.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
For now I'm going to give the Solarforce P1 a try together with a 600 lumen drop-in. The idea is to basically have something along the line of a Surefire G2X but with a 18650 battery.
If that does not work properly due to heat issues I might get another P60 host a try.
I've found after some thinking that what I want is a light around 600 lumens, it is not too bright for up close targets and gives good range. But there are very few flashlights that I've found that offers 600-ish lumens with a layout that I want.

Well, the P1R Peacekeeper is a G2X that takes 18650s.

Last edited:

Snulfur

Newly Enlightened
And it costs an arm and a leg to get. If it could cook me breakfast then maybe I'd consider it, but other than that it's simply too much for little me.

Snulfur

Newly Enlightened
I could without a doubt give it a try, but the price is still just a bit too much for my taste, and with my tendency to drop my stuff I'd not trust my bore job.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just measured my p2x, which uses the same body and tailcap as the newer 6px, and while the majority of the battery tube will handle boring-out just fine, the section right underneath the threading would be at around 0,5mm when bored to 18,5mm. Same goes for the 6p in fact. I know that many people successfully bored out their 6Ps and like it just fine, however I am confident that when dropped on the tailcap, the threading would quickly break at this point, it is just too fragile. When bored to a lesser diameter like 18,1 - 18,25mm it might be rugged enough, but would only accept certain unprotected cells. 18650s vary quite widely in thickness. I would not recommend it. Just letting you know.

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not keep it simple and go G2X/6Px with a 16650? Slightly less capacity but a lot simpler solution that is still effective.

Snulfur

Newly Enlightened
Because I hate to be simple! But I've also found an aftermarket 6P clone that accepts 18650. All parts added up is just around 56$. Will probably give that a try in case the Solarforce does not hold up.
c4e9909badb8333f391df18848406bfe.png

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really just need a 18650 p60 host get a seraph from lumens factory.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. A Lumens Factory Seraph SP-6, 2 Cell complete light is $36 USD.
Use a single 18650 or 2 cr123's.

Last edited:

prof student

Enlightened
I'm still a huge fan for the TK09 2016 version, even more so when you can get it brand new for $40! (+ shipping)

Regulated
IIRC, based on 18650 with 3,000mAh:
High/Turbo of 900 lumens. It does step down after 5 minutes to prevent overheating, but I've read just turn it off/on or cycle the light & it get back to High until it gets too hot or reaches 5 more minutes. Repeat as needed.

Medium of 450 lumens for over 4 hours.

Fenix produced reliable, tough lights. The TK line-up is made to take a beating & still work.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will be giving the Seraph SP-6 a ponder over as well for sure!

I've owned several....... hell I'll just say it, an embarrassing amount of seraph hosts and they are great for the price. They hold resell value pretty well so if you don't like it for whatever reason there's a good chance you can get your money back on it.

Mr Bman

Newly Enlightened
I guess it's worth pointing out that I live in EU and work in security where we don't use guns, a metal stick is all I get. The flashlight is mostly used around building and such.
And since I use the flashlight a little bit more I do prefer a minimum of a 18650 battery, else I'd probably get a Surefire.
Also thanks for the welcome!

Thank you for pointing out those necessary qualifiers. A lot of my friends and your industry have started using Eag Tac as they are very well built and have great battery management. Usually $60 to $120 based off on the features you want. They also let you choose neutral or white leds. I really like the more neutral colors as the bright white maybe blinding to somebody else but the reflection off most things will also blind you way more than a neutral LED.