Orlando - Shot Show Events and Experiences

Bucky

Enlightened
KingSmono said:
Henry has never been about "hyping" up his products. He gets them out, and lets them speak for themselves.

Well, one could argue that the recent track record of 'getting them out' is not very good. ;)

Bucky

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Still no pictures of the Surefire lights? Must be some sort of conspiracy. :huh:

kfiducia

Newly Enlightened
benchmade_boy said:
thats pretty wierd soomone that isnt even registerd on cpf went to a cpf party and won a cpf light:laughing::laughing:

glad you decided to join. was it hard to find Al?

no, not at all, we walked in and ran right into him. he's hard to miss, pretty tall guy. Sorry, didn't bring my camera. i can tell you people were winning some not yet released lights. :-D

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK...!

Let ME be the one to ask.

SO...what kind and type of "not-yet-released" lights were given away at the party?

Thanks in advance for this info!

:thumbsup:

(Next year, guys, lets all chip in and send a photo journalist to this event. We`ll then sponsor a "Pay-For-View" website and make some real money!) :D

Last edited:

KROMATICS

Enlightened
luigi said:
Our only report from the SF party is from a guy that was not even registered at CPF!!!!
Where is everybody with the long reports, pictures, comments, dates, prices, specs ?

Luigi

Everyone start chanting...

We want details!
We want details!
We want details!

kfiducia

Newly Enlightened
i didn't get a good look at the not-yet-released raffle lights, pk grabbed them from under a towel that Al was sitting on, i don't know if they were some of the ones on display or not, i never ventured under the towel - even when Al wasn't sitting on them... - but when PK handed it to the lucky winner he said, this light hasn't been released yet, so you are the only person that has one. or something to that effect.

if i were to speculate at what i remember i would probably be wrong and ppl would get excited about a fabrication of my mind :-/

majr was there with me and has a much better memory, ill ask him next time i talk to him to post some deets.

carrot

Flashaholic
OK, did everyone else at CPF sign NDA's or something? The lack of information compared to last year is astounding!

N162E

Enlightened
carrot said:
OK, did everyone else at CPF sign NDA's or something? The lack of information compared to last year is astounding!
No NDAs at the Shot Show, products are shown off to the world at this event. I only had a few hours there and my main reason to be there was the firearms portion. I have never seem so much flash light activity at this show ever. I had not been the last two years and I think it is safe to estimate 3-5 times the flashlight activity I had ever seen. Add to this that Law Enforcement only weapons probably added 20% to the size of the show. LE at the Shot Show is new the last year or two. My guess is that there are a lot of flashaholics in a totally information overloaded state of intoxication. Give the attendees a day or two to recover and organize their info, I bet they will have plenty to share. The home electronics forums are responding exactly the same way to the CES>

hburner

Enlightened
arewethereyetdad, you lucky dog, it did not dawn on me about the shipping on Friday until I started reading this and now I know where you are at, Have fun! hb/

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, people would remember that a prototype shown is not a product delivered. IIRC the "pocket rocket" was shown at LAST years SHOT.

Don't get me wrong. I personally want to see all these prototype critters. But just remember that doesn't mean you are going to be able to buy them anytime in the near future, if ever.

-john

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I had a BLAST guys and gals. Not only at SHOT and PK's, but back at the hotel. 12-13 CPFers in a room with cold beer and about 60 lights. :grin2:

I cant really type much, I am Zonked! I must have walked 10 miles in that convention center. It is over a million Sq. ft. I had no idea the SHOT show would be so damn big! I didnt even cover it all the 14-15 hours I was there.

Heres a few pics, I'm very tired, but I see all of you wanting pics, so here ya go....

This is probably about 8% of the show in the pic, its that big.
SHOT005.jpg

Surefire PocketRocket. (Titan) Running a Seoul emitter. PK's personal Titan, #001/1000 :drool:
SHOT054.jpg

SHOT055.jpg

SHOT057.jpg

SHOT056.jpg

Few more from the party.
SHOT028.jpg

Prototype U2's running Cree emitters, could be up to 200 lumens. :drool:
SHOT037.jpg

Sasha's husband getting hit with a new weaponlight/laser Runs a Cree, 120 lumens. (See red dot on chest?)
SHOT042.jpg

And per Don's (McGizmo) request, me shining PK's eyes with the 27-S.... :lolsign:
SHOT059.jpg

Oh, you HDS/Novatac guys should be very happy with the stuff Henry has coming down the pipe. He showed me some unbelievable stuff! I had to swear to keep quiet, so I cant get into details. We had a nice conversation.
Me and Henry of NovaTac
SHOT051.jpg

Everyone walked out with a light, everyone. I got a red A2, heres MilkySpit winning a M3.
SHOT048.jpg

PK is a VERY cool guy. Laid back and was answering every question I fired at him! He even poured me a shot of his potion he was drinking! :laughing:

Me and PK.
SHOT044.jpg

PK with the new E1X & E2X, I think its what it is called, I might be wrong.
Basically its the new KL1 with a Cree XR-E, and a newly designed optic designed with the cree in mind. The optic was crystal clear, you could see the emitter. These new lights absolutley trash a KL1 head.
SHOT034.jpg