Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2014

Being a newbie, I'm thinking I might not have done well for myself with the charger I bought. It is wrapped in with 4 eneloop pros. The 2450mah or 2540...I'm not so memorized yet.
But the charger that comes with them is recommended to react to each batt individualy. Should it be sufficient to eliminate concerns. It's all Panasonic merch. Amazon sales. Pretty hard to know what's best until much reading here. Should I send it back? I got 4 pros for AA powered thrunite tn4a
With the 4 slot charger handling AA and A AA batts.

As long as they charge each cell individually (not in pairs), Panasonic smart chargers are fine - not a lot of bells and whistles and usually not the fastest, but very good basic smart chargers.

goldwing

Newly Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2016

Newbie question: are there any solar type chargers anyone can recommend that is of quality?

gyzmo2002

Enlightened

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Like you, my Panasonic cordless phone uses standard NiMH rechargeable AAA batteries.

I don't think you want to use the Eneloop Pros. They do not have as many recharge cycles as regular Eneloops. In addition, you recharge a phone so often, that you really do not need (and would not use) the extra capacity.

lak100

Newly Enlightened

what would you suggest maybe eneloops with 2.100 regharges?

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

what would you suggest maybe eneloops with 2.100 regharges?

Yup! Them's the ones.

Mine is actually running on Energizer NiMH Recharge batteries. I got them before I had learned about Eneloops. They have worked well. If I were shopping today, I would buy the 'loops.

lak100

Newly Enlightened

i will go with today i compare some evolta aa rechargables with maxell akalines the evoltas seems to be more bulky as size

BloodLust

Enlightened

I just noticed (not sure if it applies to all), my Eneloopsare just a wee bit longer than standard Alkaline batteries. Even my GP Recyko AA's.
I put the GP In my Nite-Ize Mini 3-in-1 and since the light uses a piston instead of a spring, itdented the bottom plate of the battery. I thought at first that maybe GP does not have as good quality control as Panasonic/Sanyo since Eneloops are the benchmark or standard when it comes to LSD batteries.
So I then put in an Eneloop, same result. Very tight and it would flicker. Doesn't happen with regular alkalines.
I stood the Eneloop and GP beside an Energizer and a Duracell alkaline. The rechargeable ones are ever so slightly longer.
I searched the stores today and upon a quick comparison (they were still in their packaging), it seems that the Fujitsu and Energizer Recharge Extreme Ni-MHs appear to be the same length as the alkalines. I bought the Fujitsu ones. Will try them out later after they charge.

Last edited:

lak100

Newly Enlightened

i bought from ebay 5th gen eneloop the say 10 years and most suitable for cordless phones

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

BK-3HCD 15-10H M
min 2500 mAh

From Japan.

Already a year old CD Gen cells.

BloodLust

Enlightened

From left to right.

- Panasonic Eneloop "Sanrio - Hello Kitty" BK-3MMCCB. Set of 2. Made in China
- Sanyo Harmolattice 2500 "Powered by Eneloop technology" HR-3U25HM. Set of 4. Made in Japan
- Panasonic Eneloop AAA BK-4MCCE. Made in Japan
- Sanyo Eneloop "Tropical color edition" in yellow & pink. HR-3UTGA. Set of 8 in diff colors each but I bought it by piece. Made in Japan
- Fujitsu FDK Corp. Low self-discharge. HR-3UTA. Set of 2. Made in Japan.

Most of my rechargeables are color coded. Harmolattice and Goal Zero LSD batteries power my 4AA lights and camera flashes.
Hello Kitty and GP ReCykos power my 2AA lights. The multi-colored Eneloops and Fujitsu for my 1xAA EDC: Fenix LD10 & E12

14481754_10154504066508433_6893842281157914990_o.jpg

Too bad I missed out on the Disney Eneloops in my local shop. Might order them online.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened

From left to right.

- Panasonic Eneloop "Sanrio - Hello Kitty" BK-3MMCCB. Set of 2. Made in China
- Sanyo Harmolattice 2500 "Powered by Eneloop technology" HR-3U25HM. Set of 4. Made in Japan
- Panasonic Eneloop AAA BK-4MCCE. Made in Japan
- Sanyo Eneloop "Tropical color edition" in yellow & pink. HR-3UTGA. Set of 8 in diff colors each but I bought it by piece. Made in Japan
- Fujitsu FDK Corp. Low self-discharge. HR-3UTA. Set of 2. Made in Japan.

Most of my rechargeables are color coded. Harmolattice and Goal Zero LSD batteries power my 4AA lights and camera flashes.
Hello Kitty and GP ReCykos power my 2AA lights. The multi-colored Eneloops and Fujitsu for my 1xAA EDC: Fenix LD10 & E12

Too bad I missed out on the Disney Eneloops in my local shop. Might order them online.

You started out pretty well there. Are you expecting to get all special editions? good luck ;)

BloodLust

Enlightened

Just the Disney ones for now. I think some Disney ones have pairs with the same design (mostly the Mickey and Minnie outfits) and some come with different designs per cell (the white wrappers with Disney symbols).
If not, I might settle for the glitter or earthy toned ones.

damn_hammer

Enlightened

Anyone aware of upcoming special editions or any that I might have missed for the current generation? All I see are tropical tones and forrest tones. There have been some really cool ones in the past, ex. glitter, disney, rouge tones. I've been thinking about gifting special edition Eneloops to my tween nieces for Christmas.

[edit] I was able to locate the older generation Disney and Glamour special editions from Amazon for only a small tick up in cost from standard, shipping from Japan (on a slow boat by the delivery date I was given). Still interested to get an answer to my original question though about current gen special edition. I'm located in the US, but have friends in W. Europe that can bring me something like this if I asked, so those markets or available for US import. Thanks

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened

Anyone aware of upcoming special editions or any that I might have missed for the current generation? All I see are tropical tones and forrest tones. There have been some really cool ones in the past, ex. glitter, disney, rouge tones. I've been thinking about gifting special edition Eneloops to my tween nieces for Christmas.

[edit] I was able to locate the older generation Disney and Glamour special editions from Amazon for only a small tick up in cost from standard, shipping from Japan (on a slow boat by the delivery date I was given). Still interested to get an answer to my original question though about current gen special edition. I'm located in the US, but have friends in W. Europe that can bring me something like this if I asked, so those markets or available for US import. Thanks

In the past, they used to put new editions on the market in/around November, so Ive been looking at some announcements (in Japan) but havent seen any yet.. So they might put some new ones on the market in a few weeks...hopefully

ChibiM

Enlightened

here you go..

New in Europe!

Eneloop ocean colors
eneloop-organic-colors-BK-3MCCE-8SE-M.jpg

30786475642_6e4132aa5d_b.jpg

I guess somebody did a bad photoshop job.. see the difference between the top and bottom

Last edited: