Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just put some Eneloop Pro's in my flashlight, but then noticed this statement on the back of the package.

"Do not use in water proof flashlight or any device with an air tight battery compartment.

Any thoughts?

View attachment 62465

View attachment 62466

Carry On!

I've heard that they 'outgas', which of course causes a pressure rise in a sealed container. I believe that's considered 'normal', or to be expected, rather than some impending cell failure(?). Many have noted such things as bulging tailswitch 'rubber' actuator caps, etc. How much of a concern its it / can it be? I don't think I've met anyone yet who actually knows. I do know I would put a caution on the packaging, just as they have. If one can't completely eliminate an issue, it's best to document it. That's not something 'sinister', it's common sense to me. That said, there's a lot of things I ain't, and don't pretend to be, and one is a 'chemist'.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here. Really surprised that they do so well after literally thousands of cycles. By contrast, I have some Tenergy that after 2 years were worn out.

Yeah mine still run like new, low internal resistance. Nickel metal batteries are pretty amazing in their own way, still have some Rayovacs from 1999 that will power lights. Not high end lights but they'll push 30 lumens at least. They don't have the same runtime as new.

I think Eneloops are very well designed that they're pushing the boundaries for the nickel metal battery tech.

Burgess

Flashaholic
No exaggeration, folks --

I still have Sanyo Eneloop AA's
which were the Very First ones I ever purchased
in Summer of 2007, (mfg. in 2006) from Circuit City.

Use these EVERY SINGLE DAY in my 47's
Quark AA 2-cell flashlight.
# truth

Yes, of course I have purchased LOTS more
of these beauties since then.
Truly a game changer in the Flashaholic world.

No surprise they now have high internal resistance
(perhaps 2.20 on my Maha charger)
But they keep on going and going . . . .