P2D Strobe susposed to do what?

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the strobe make things look like they are happening in slow motion?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've used it to get my wife's attention a couple times when I was at a distance. It will attract attention more than a steady light source would.

Remember the old days when we used to have to rapidly move our thumbs to get a strobe effect?

Years from now, I'll tell that story to all the grand-children of the current crop of CPFers..... and none of them will believe me! :p

phaserrifle

Newly Enlightened
disorientation effect does work, but it's verry little use unless it is A) dark, and the persons eyes are dark adapted B) a suprise to the person being "flashed" and C) you have a plan for what you are going to do while they are distracted, that you are ready to carry out that plan, and that you can carry out that plan FAST. you only have a couple of seconds at best. the same effect is produced when a non-strobe bright light suddenly shines in your eyes, the strobe effect may prolong it slightly, but not by much.

The strobe is far more usefull for gaining attention, and marking positions.

importculture

Newly Enlightened
The frequency of the Fenix strobe is really too low to be effective as a disorientation tool. It's really more of a "fast blink" than a "strobe" - semantics, sure, but still. Shame, really. I'd love to figure a way to mod them up just a few hertz....

Or you could try a JETbeam with I.B.S it has an adjustable frequency feature for their stobe function.