Paul Johnson slaughtered

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, we've all seen the Iraq prison pictures, so this is necessary in order to put things in a proper perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

But ...but, Raven... they made those prisoners do naked pyramids... and fooled them into thinking that they would be electrocuted if they stepped off a box and... and all sorts of stuff that really really embarrassed them. That's just as bad isn't it?

I mean come on, CBS, ABC, NBC, The New York Times, CNN, The LA Times, NPR, and all those other media outlets are pounding day after day on the prison story. Now lots of people here will tell you that the media isn't biased to the left, so surely the fact that they don't inundate the newsfeeds with stuff that the terrorists do half as much must mean that the stuff we've done is worse...

Greta

Flashaholic
Before this thread goes much further, let me remind you all that this is The Cafe on CPF... not the Underground. I realize that this is a very hot topic and it raises emotions to a boiling point... regardless of what your opinion of the situation is. Rather than having this thread closed because emotions boil over, take it to the Underground. If you haven't already registered and checked it out, this might be the time to do so. There are already a couple of threads over there discussing this topic... and they have already gotten pretty "hot". Please feel free to go "down there" and let off some steam... that's what it's there for.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
UncleFester said:
What Joe said!!!!
AT the very least, behead each of the prisoners that Paul Johnson died for. They are held by the Saudis, it just might happen if the Saudis are the ally they claim to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly what you called for, but from USA Today:

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — An al-Qaeda cell beheaded American engineer Paul M. Johnson Jr., and in a swift retaliation, officials said Saudi security forces tracked down and killed the leader of the terrorist group in a shoot-out Friday...

...Saudi forces killed four other al-Qaeda militants in Friday's shootout, which came after a witness reported the license plate number of a car from which the militants dumped Johnson's body and police then stopped the vehicle at a gas station, security officials said.

*Retired*
Well, just let this ecalate to much higher porportions, more often, so on and so forth, and you end up with something that starts getting similar to VietNam, imho.

It's still a very long way from that, and this is different, because they are civilians.

Very convienent to have such biased history classes these days, and only learn of the bad things we did in that war, they managed to leave out almost of what the other side did.
Especially in High School history books. Go pick up a modern HS history book, turn to about 1950, sit down and read it for a few nights. If I didn't actually know otherwise, I'd feel pretty sad about being an American after reading it.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Don't even get me started about being an American...I spent 21 years of my life in the United States Air Force for a reason! I'm absorbing this thread and 2+2= This thread is locked before the train wrecks. Feel free to take it to the CPF Underground...

Status
Not open for further replies.