googled and found it on the www:

fng2.png

62732838.png

for comparison purposes the old models:

PD32 S2
fenixpd32s212.jpg

PD32UE XM-L T6 NW
2012111310141611.jpg

i found the PD32UE too heavy and clunky so i sold it away and am now looking forward to real Fenix lumens!! :rock:

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: **NEW** Fenix PD32 (G2)

Thought G2 would stand for 2nd gen. (xpg s2) But zooming in on the pic, you can read XP-G2 :)

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast

For what is available in some of the new lights, the PD32 is too long for just an XPG2. It doesn't need all that extra mass or current to drive a 400 lumen LED. Slap an XML2 in there at 800 lumens, all that extra mass and current from an 18650 are needed for the XML2.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

For what is available in some of the new lights, the PD32 is too long for just an XPG2. It doesn't need all that extra mass or current to drive a 400 lumen LED. Slap an XML2 in there at 800 lumens, all that extra mass and current from an 18650 are needed for the XML2.

Meh... That's what the PD32 UE is for lol....

This should be awesome as it's shorter again unlike the PD32 UE and doesn't need the extra cooling fins/mass and will have more throw. I don't really need more than 400lm most of the time even outdoors so this will be AMAZING in my opinion.

I'm more interested in the LD22 g2 but I wish I could take the old LD20 Q5 body and drop this xp-g2 emitter into it. :< Silly sideswitch. It's okay on my E50, but I want an LD20 again that doesn't have memory functions. for a edc I'd prefer to have a light that comes on at 3-9 lumens every single time. And you can simply twist the head and know it will be on turbo.

^ Basically what I'm saying is I lost my good old LD20 Q5 and I want it back lol. I might just have to buy one of the R5 versions again. Hmm..... Maybe I'll wait though as I'm sure somebody will make a light similar to the original LD20 but using the G2.

I love Fenix, but I wish they would not make EVERY light these days with a sideswitch. After they started doing it it seems the whole industry has gone that way too.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

This seems to make a lot more sense than the UE version, the Fenix lights PD22 and PD32UE just don't have the mass to dissipate the heat from their LEDs on the highest output. Fenix is a master at lightweight bodies with fairly high strength, but they just can't handle the heat of the current emitters when they are driven hard. With the deep reflector these have a good beam for throw and unclear environment conditions, the XP-G2 should fit this application perfectly. The black anodizing, and UI though don't appeal to me, but the price and the throw style beam is nice just because I already have so many nice floody lights.

surferx

Newly Enlightened
Re: **NEW** Fenix PD32 (XP-G2)

Appears the PD32 XP-G2 is only 0.4" shorter than ue, still a little chunky for my edc.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

being CW it will be brighter than the pd32ue right even though its 340L v 760L ?.
my normal pd32 cw seemed way brighter than the pd32ue really.
thanks,

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast

being CW it will be brighter than the pd32ue right even though its 340L v 760L ?.
my normal pd32 cw seemed way brighter than the pd32ue really.
thanks,

Compare lux instead of lumens.

herosemblem

Enlightened

Does lux refer to the intensity of the hotspot? Or throw? Or both since they might be related? I honestly don't know. Thank you.

markr6

Flashaholic

Come on Fenix...dump those COOL BLUES!

CyberCT

Enlightened

I bought my brother the PD32UE and for it's size I would much prefer it over the regular PD32 now, even the XPG2. THe color is better and the 5 modes are much more relevant. Now, give me the XPG2 in the LD01, and I will buy that to replace my XRE LD01 in a heartbeat.

markr6

Flashaholic

You have to see the 2nd generation Cree LEDs in action. Those things have some awesome tints.

I'll definitely get one to try it out. I've sold many Fenix lights because they're just too far blue but I'm really eager to get a 1AA and 2AA with a good tint to supplement my PD32UE.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Come on Fenix...dump those COOL BLUES!

You have to see the 2nd generation Cree LEDs in action. Those things have some awesome tints.

I agree with the opinion of some of the cool white(bluish) tints. Personally I prefer neutral or warm tints but actually my TK15S2 has a very nice cool white tint!

Last edited:

Harry999

Enlightened
**NEW** Fenix PD32 (XP-G2)

I have the PD32 UE which I love as an EDC light. An XP-G2 version would be perfect as a thrower to complement the UE. I have already expressed my interest to a local dealer...

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

what would be the main differences to this compared to the pd32ue LED wise?. i know the G2 will be CW, but anything else?.

just throw better?.

thanks.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

The PD32 with the XPG2 makes the PD32 more buyable in my book! :)

For EDC use, you'd rarely need something which busts over 800 lumens max.

Might as well have one with a good balance of throw and flood.

If those max runtimes on low are accurate, this is one heck of an EDC.

I just hope the pricing is right.