Pelican BigDD upgrade???

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
My work just bought us all the Pelican Big D rechargeable spotlight( the same one a lot of firefighters use).
The only problem is that now everyone has has the same light so we are all the same.
Now i need to find some way to upgrade this piece and one up everyone at work. It looks like this would be really easy to switch out the bulb but i dont really know.
The bulb is small and says 3853-H and there is a replacement bulb that says 3853-L

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, dude for the first time ever this is going to be sort of hard :eek: "well that I know of:thinking:" those light use the ROP Maglite Hotwire bulbs and if the bulb in there is already H "for high "L for Low" then I can't think of any other PR based bulb that's brighter:confused:. You would have to get some sort of converter, though it would be easier to just use a whole other light if you can:duh2:, but those stock lights must be bright:huh:.

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
Yea, I mean it is pretty bright. But you know how it is, you always want brighter right?
A hotwire might be difficult because of the limited space because of the rotating head.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no "potted" bulb you can buy that is brighter the Pelican 3854-H.You could get a bi-pin adapter from Kaidomain.com and use a bulb like a Phillips 5761.You would get 765 lumens instead of 600 lumens from the stock bulb.Unfortunately with the stock 6V battery you don't have many options.