Pelican ID

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
I came into this beauty and I have no idea which model it is. The gentleman who gave it to me was with the PFD for some time, I don't know when it was last produced. It has a 2 stage megnetic switch, takes 4 c cells and has a hexagonal stipple on the reflector. Any info would be appreciated. And no, I will not part with it.

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
OK, I've cleaned this thing up and put cells in it and it works fine. The bulb has 2 filaments and the switch works in 3 stages, filament 1, filaments 1 & 2, filament 2. This is the first 2 filament bulb I've seen. Can anyone say which model this is? The Pelican site has no info on it and the light only shows bulb # (3002/3003) and hazard codes.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't remember the name or model number but I have seen them before. Actually I can remember handling one that I almost bought in black. IIRC they were marketed at police and firefighters.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
70s to 80s, IIRC.. I've seen them before too, but the FD went with SuperSabrelites instead.. I think they were worried about the bulb and switch in a fire environment, but I guess that one's been around a while so who knows??

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
Thanks greenLED, I gave it a shot from home. The browser I use at work doesn't seem to work well with their web site.

Last edited:

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually IIRC it was mid 80's to early 90's because I can recall that I was active duty Navy at the time when I thought about buying the light.

dw51

Enlightened
Thanks greenLED, I gave it a shot from home. The browser I use at work doesn't seem to work well with their web site.

Good luck with that. I emailed them a while back to try to see if the glow heads were available separate and got no response. I've heard great things about their CS so you may give them a call instead.

Let us know what you find out. That's a very interesting light. Good find.