Personal Protection Dog !

Safety1st

Enlightened
Obviously we/you/all of us are flashlight enthusiasts. In addition, many of you are interested in personal security, situational awareness, home/family protection etc...

As many of you who know me from here or other forums will know, I'm a protection dog enthusiast

There are many advantages of a personal protection dog, with very few disadvantages. They really are the bullet that you can recall etc...
Dogs are lawful to own and walk the streets with, and unlike other forms of defence are usually on the ball when you need them. (Providing they are made of the right stuff and have had the right training).

My current PPD (Personal Protection Dog) is Xena. She's now 17 months old and is a German Shepherd beast from pure West German working bloodlines.

This video below shows some training from today. It involves muzzle work, and multiple aggressors.

The use of the muzzle allows her to learn to strike at multiple aggressors and not get 'fixated' on just one. It also means that frustration builds up and the desire to fight is increased.

When she is released (just after I get a whack from a can, because I was taking too long to unfasten the muzzle) - she hits the back guy real good and the fight afterwards is about as real as can be in the circumstances. Lots of grappling, lots of noise, shouting, screaming etc.... then when the bad guy stops fighting and goes to the floor - she remains hold of him until told to release.

The fight, drive and determination in Xena is really good - much better than I could have hoped for. Very controllable and with the heart of a Lion. She's truly a great manstopper...

Enjoy;

Any questions, opinions, discussions etc... would be great :thumbsup:

Thanks
Gary

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Excellent!! She listens/behaves well on command in the vid!! My wife used to train dogs and there's nothing like a well trained dog!!! Don't get me started, I miss mine so bad...should just go ahead & get another.

:thanks: for sharing those vids!

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
She's a cutie! :thumbsup:

Nitro would love her!

Nitro06.jpg

IcantC

Enlightened
Great training and awesome dog! I too hope to get a German Shepherd soon :D.

Novaflash

Newly Enlightened
You cannot beat a well trained dog. Companionship and protection for you and your loved ones. I am also thinking of a GSD as my next pup. Keep up the good work.

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
Good looking Shepherd, I work a PSD Belgian Malinois for a private University and I love working with her. It's very rewarding work.

1024071321.jpg

Last edited:

Safety1st

Enlightened
Xena's training is coming on nice. She's maturing well and is fast becoming a really good defensive "tool in the armoury". She loves to 'work' and is a pleasure to train and have around. :thumbsup:

Here's some pictures from today's training session. Enjoy :twothumbs

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

xena1.jpg
xenadive.jpg

xenajump1.jpg

xenajump2.jpg

garyandxena2.jpg