talk me out of adopting a dog?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
he was left on are street super freindly. but huge. part of me say any home even my home will be good for him then part of me says he deserves so much better

Lights and Guns

Newly Enlightened
I mean, do you want a dog?
A dog is a HUGE responsibility. It isn't to be taken lightly.

I don't own one anymore, but it is a big commitment. If you have the resources and the time on your hands, then sure keep the dog, if you want one and are willing to put in all the work and money that goes along with it.

If not, you can always try and find somebody you trust to take care of him, I would advise against any kill shelter, and try to avoid a shelter at all if possible. Dogs are great, when they have great owners!

Make sure you teach the dog you call the shots / your walking IT and IT isn't walking you. Training a dog is essential. Can't stand dogs that are loose cannons running around everywhere with clueless owners who don't know how to control / communicate with their dogs, basically due to the fact that they never bothered to train it.

Good luck with whatever you decide I'm sure you'll do the right thing,

Take care!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dang i feel so sad for him he is such a wonderful dog but huge lol.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
My great Dane ate 40 dollars a week in dog food. Not including table scraps. Figured around 200 a month. You are right big dogs are expensive.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Gonna end up with a big freeloader like this guy trying to take up the entire dang bed. But if you're lucky they won't bust a salivary gland to the tune of some $1500 and a nearly sleepless week making sure they don't scratch the stitches out.
1000002225.jpg

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
he was left on are street super freindly. but huge. part of me say any home even my home will be good for him then part of me says he deserves so much better

No offense intended, but are you really even able to take care of yourself?

Reading your posts here, would lead me to believe that you are not in any position to take care of a dog.

Sorry, but you asked.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from owning a dog. Having one, a loyal friend, might be just the blessing you need. I just want you to enter into this new responsibility with some ideas of what to expect ... before you fall in love and have your heart broken should it not work out.

LRJ88

Enlightened
I'll just say it like this, having a dog isn't something that comes lightly, and from everything i've seen of your posts etc. you aren't mature enough for it yet. This is in no way meant to be mean, but if you have all these other issues going on already, including considering being homeless in order to avoid a HOA, a dog isn't going to make anything better.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
If Raggie ends up homeless he can always stand out in front of Sizzler asking for doggie bags?

I'm waiting to hear what happened with the slithering serpent, did the snake eat the cats?