Personalizing D10/EX10, NOT upgrade

Metatron

Banned
P1010209.jpg
heres my bit of personalization done by fenix-store:)

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Any particular reason you guys aren't just using the glow paint? It's made from the same material and has the same glow/brightness rating, I'd think it'd be a lot easier to just paint the interior grooves..

i used both glo paint and powder.
glopaint is just not the right stuff to use. doesnt produce as much glow and lasts not so long.

with glow paint
imag0011dg1.jpg

with glow powder
imag0012ic4.jpg

both paint and powder with glow (i know the photos are blurry - i took them with my poor camera phone - but try to notice that the paint glow is not as good as the powder)
imag0013fg2.jpg

Last edited:

NetGod3Com

Newly Enlightened
If the epoxy is not mixed as directed, it may remain sticky for the quite some time. It will eventually harden though. I like the idea of the liquid polymer clay though,

yaesumofo:
Could you post a brand or more details about what you use.

Ayeaux

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if any of the people who have used the epoxy and glow powder combo could let me know how much glow powder they actually used for particular projects. I have the epoxy, but am wondering how much powder to order. How many tail rings could I make with say 1 ounce of glow powder?
Thanks.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I was wondering if any of the people who have used the epoxy and glow powder combo could let me know how much glow powder they actually used for particular projects. I have the epoxy, but am wondering how much powder to order. How many tail rings could I make with say 1 ounce of glow powder?
Thanks.

i just mixed as much powder into the epoxy as i could. :D

Moe

Newly Enlightened
Here's my D10. I really like the technical look of the piston and the glow dots. :D

IMG_3621.jpg

Moe

Newly Enlightened
I used a drill press. It's important to center punch very accuratly. There is a tiny little "bump" in the middle, which has to be removed first. I drilled about 3 mm deep and the hole is 6,5 mm in diameter.
I used epoxy with a relatively thick viscosity which cures in 5 minutes.

Bradlee

Enlightened
I used a drill press. It's important to center punch very accuratly. There is a tiny little "bump" in the middle, which has to be removed first. I drilled about 3 mm deep and the hole is 6,5 mm in diameter.
I used epoxy with a relatively thick viscosity which cures in 5 minutes.

Sweet...it may be worth the risk if I could get it to look half that good!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.polymerclaysuperstore.com/sculpey.html

Also when adding GITD powder to your medium (epoxy or LPC) use a light to charge it up and check for clumps and the density of glow. stop adding when you achieve the glow density you want in your final product.
Yaesumofo

If the epoxy is not mixed as directed, it may remain sticky for the quite some time. It will eventually harden though. I like the idea of the liquid polymer clay though,

yaesumofo:
Could you post a brand or more details about what you use.

NetGod3Com

Newly Enlightened
yaesumofo:

Thanks for the reply.

For glow powder I find this to be about the best I have seen, plus they have all kinds of wacky stuff for the scientific / geek types.:D

manoloco

Enlightened
Whats the best epoxy (i am a total ignorant about epoxy) i could use for applications such as the one around the bottom of the piston? (in the groove), it will make it easier to take off the dust and lint that acummulates in there since it lessens the depth of the groove.