• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Phaserburn's Diffusion Film - CPF Service & Int'l Shipping Avail.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn's Diffusion Film - CPF Service & Int'l Shipping Avail.

Hello, All. I am going to provide diffusion film as a service to CPF, because I think it's a great find for any true flashaholic. I got the tip from Cave Dave, so kudos to him!

A few words about this stuff. If you like diffuse, super floody smooth beams, this is for you. It. Is. Awesome! If functions very much like the LDF film that flashlightlens sells attached to UCL lenses. It diffuses more than writeright, and adheres much better. Throw is killed, but many lights may appear brighter to you because all of the lumens are now only 10 feet or less from your eyes most of the time, vs being thrown downfield (my observation). Thrower lights often retain a muted hotspot that is much larger. I've tried ALOT of diffusion ideas and tactics, and this is the one that rings the bell for me. I read on CPF that Selfbuilt tested this film and found only a tiny 3.2% total light reduction when used.

The film is self adhesive, tough, and sticks beautifully, much better than writeright, glad, etc. It comes off easily and leaves no issues that I've seen. Best practice, for me, is, where possible, remove the lens, apply the film, and then re-install with the film facing the reflector. That way, the film is protected vs. water, pocket friction, etc. This works fabulously with led lights. I have not tested it on high power incans, as the heat would be quite different (radiated through the film vs backward into the heatsink mass). I have used it on stock level incans, with no issues. I assume no liability for anything that this gets tried out on.

Great for:

?Converting the most craptastic beam to a work of art.
?XRE or poor reflector induced dark rings
?Eliminating color blobs, odd shaped coronas, rings and blending them together beautifully.
?5mm led lights with a lens.
?Great for headlamps! I'm not looking for throw on headlamps; this film opens up tons of previously overlooked HLs for reconsideration.
?Cheapies! Fun lights in your collection limited in value b/c their beam is fugly.
?Have multiple lights that basically fulfill the same role? Convert one to a flooder!

This film truly makes the above situations into new lights. If you have lights where you love the form factor, runtime, build, etc., but the beam leaves something to be desired, then try this stuff out.

Pricing:

4" x 8.75" sheets (the size of a #10 envelope) are available and will be shipped to you via 1st class USPS. Price is $3.75, which includes the Paypal fees and postage in the US. Outside the US, please add $2.25. Extra sheets are $1.50 each. Paypal addy: [email protected] PM me your address for shipping if it's not on your Paypal. Please include your CPF name on your Paypal, and please post here as well. Also, please be SURE that your mailing address gets included in your paypal; I've seen many where it doesn't come across. This will make it easier for me to match things up. Thanks!

Each sheet is capable of filming probably every light in your collection that you want to try it on. If you have a large light you want to try it on, maybe get an extra sheet. Cutting a true circle is up to you. Many use a exacto/compass combo. They might be available at an office supply joint; maybe someone can post a link or info. Scissors work fine.

Full disclosure: I am not interested in playing games and keeping my source secret. This is the film; DC Fix. It's the "sand":

http://www.berlinwallpaper.com/dcfix/Transparent.htm

A large roll is available for $15 shipped in the US. If you want that much, order it from Berlin, as that's the way to go.

Enjoy. You'll love it, I guarantee it, or your money back! I believe this film should be in every CPF'ers supply box.

Nice link and plug by Illumination Gear!! Thanks!

http://www.illuminationgear.com/Resource-Links_c22.htm

Last edited by Phaserburn; 08-18-2014 at 08:22 AM.

The Phaser: A nice EDC with great throw; heat and runtime can be issues.

List Date: 3/12/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Phaserburn's Diffusion Film - CPF Service & Int'l Shipping Avail.
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $3.75 + FREE! Shipping

--------------------------------------
candlepowerforums

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Phaserburn's Diffusion Film - DC Fix - CPF Service & Int'l Shipping

Orders shipped to South Carolina and Norway.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Phaserburn's Diffusion Film - DC Fix - CPF Service & Int'l Shipping

do we click on the buy now button, or send paypal direct to the one in your description?

mattsorensen

Newly Enlightened
Hey Phaserburn, I don't think I can PM, because I just registered (occasional luker). This sounds like just what I need to give my head lamp more flood. I used the "Buy Now" button a couple weeks ago, but I haven't received anything. Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks for providing the service.

vtlite

Newly Enlightened
PP sent 1/11/15 Transaction ID: 6JF32865M6581713P Thanks for the service

Tropical_Wanderer

Newly Enlightened
Hello Phaseburn, I just paid for 2 sheets via paypal and emailed you my address. Thanks for providing this service! :)

rioimmagina

Enlightened
Paypal Transaction ID: 3WC45008XE950070D

6 USD for a film to be shipped to Switzerland.

Thank you