Philips Xtreme Power H4 VS. Philips Xtreme Vision H4

Qship1996

Enlightened
No wonder...I have mine on about 2 to 4 hours a day.

Are you using a harness, or just the stock wiring? could you measure the voltage as Schein described in his above post and report findings? Shocked you are getting 9 months life at this rate of use.What kind of car?

Qship1996

Enlightened
whats up with all the double posting today schein??????

funny Lightdoctor is UNHAPPY with the life he is getting on top of it !!!!!!!!!!

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
Qship...it looks like you're not understanding my point. I have very short lifespan with the Osrams on a relayed harness. The voltage at the lamps varies between 13.8 and 14.0 and they are on 2 to 4 hours a day depending on the season. They last between 6 to 9 months (a sylvania silverstar lasts longer than the Osram rallyes...ugh). You're getting a much longer life span due to your lack of real use...2 hours a week is vertually nothing compared to the average daily driver.

Qship1996

Enlightened
yeah,but 2-4 hous/day X 6-9 months equals 360-1080 HOURS of actual use......a respectable figure for any performance bulb especially when operated at those voltages due to the harness. Only way to get even more hours use{lifespan} would be to ditch the harness, lowering the voltage{and lumens} or go to a specific long life bulb which would also cost you lumens. Hours wise,you are doing quite well with these. lifespan is rated in hours burned,not months since installation....so you do NOT have "a very short lifespan with these" quite the opposite.

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
whats up with all the double posting today schein???????

Donno. I'm just a moderator, not an administrator; I can't fix the board's software problems. But I bet you can fix all that spurious punctuation that keeps showing up in your posts, don't you?(????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a car with H4 lamps, I recently replaced a set of burnt out Osram Rallye 70/65 with an extra set of Xtreme Power in my car. Very subjectively, I would say the Osrams are brighter but the the focus is not significantly better. I just got a set of Xtreme Vision and put it in two days ago. Drove it last night, it works well, the light cast right under the cut off in a distance works a lot better. In other words the purported better focus seems to be there, again completely subjective. I need to take the car to a place with beam setter to get it aligned right but so far it's promising

I don't drive at night as much as I did last year so I might just stick to the XV for now.

iroc409

Newly Enlightened
I got well over a year out of my first set of Osram Rallye's, and actually replaced them before they burnt out. They were noticeably dimmer than they used to be and we were headed on a long winter trip so I traded them out (had another set laying around). Probably continue to use them until they fail.

However, my driving is inconsistent so it would not be possible to give a SWAG at operating hours.