Photon Freedom 101

Photon is an excellent light to attach to your keychain or a light that doesn't have a low mode. Mine is the red led.
IMG_0291.jpeg

I did a double take when I saw this thread was asleep for sixteen YEARS. Obviously the mfr is still alive and kicking. I take issue with one thing: photon freedom is asking $15.95 (plus tax and shipping) for one of these? Useful as a Keychain backup, yes but these are the freebie giveaway squeezy lights given away by the metric ton for years as "bonus gifts". I just can't see the justification for the asking price.

I haven't bought one in a couple of years. I was glad to see they were still in business and picked up a white one.

The red covert model is of most use. You can hook it to a bergen, possibly with paracord, and use it at night to discretely see things in your pack. It is useful for everything but map reading.

Remember it is made in USA and costs accordingly. Most other models you see are cheap knockoffs. Inova used to be good too but it is outsourced. I don't see why one would buy a Chinese Inova when you can get the bulk freebee kinds.

Attachments

• D11D331F-C292-4D84-9149-B2858C929EC3.jpeg
    D11D331F-C292-4D84-9149-B2858C929EC3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
Looking to grab another one of these. I have a Photon Freedom question but I think I know the answer. Is there a way to set a Freedom so that it performs like a standard press and hold for on Microlight? As far as I can recall, you can set a Freedom to be press and hold, BUT, if you press and hold it for more than 10 seconds or whatever the timing is, it will revert back to its standard Freedom mode. Am I correct in thinking this, or am I missing something in the Freedom programming?

Looking to grab another one of these. I have a Photon Freedom question but I think I know the answer. Is there a way to set a Freedom so that it performs like a standard press and hold for on Microlight? As far as I can recall, you can set a Freedom to be press and hold, BUT, if you press and hold it for more than 10 seconds or whatever the timing is, it will revert back to its standard Freedom mode. Am I correct in thinking this, or am I missing something in the Freedom programming?
Wow, you're really trying to jog our memories, but I think you're right.

Love my Photon Freedom, but the U.I. is needlessly over-complicated.
I keep mine in press for on, press again for off mode.

Just picked up my second Photon Micro light Proton. Been meaning to grab one for a while. The freedom operates the same way?