Please help guys!

BryanWolf

Newly Enlightened
Hello everybody, I am super disgruntled right now because I took my truck in to get it worked on at the dealership and a very high-quality tactical flashlight I had in the center consul was stolen. I'm highly irritated and I need to find a very high-quality tactical flashlight with either an 18650 or one of these new chargeable flashlights but I think I prefer the old school 18650 because I have a night core charger that does fine. I absolutely will not settle for anything from China. It does not have to be from the USA, I would go for something made in Germany or Spain or wherever as long as it's quality and not Chinese or Taiwanese. I'm looking at surefire but they are ridiculously expensive and I'm not sure if they are all made in the USA. I want something that has just 118 650 so it's handheld and I want something with a relatively thin diameter. EDCL1-T? Somebody also told me a light at a cheaper price point but still very high quality in made in the USA is the streamlight protac 2l-x usb/protac 2l-x. I don't need to get either one of these if there is a better choice. I would prefer something with three modes and a strobe. High, med, low and strobe. I also don't like when the body flares larger at the head. The light that was stolen was beautiful and it's design but I'm not sure if it's origin, it was the Klarus XT2C. It was really nice before they change the back button with some paddle bullshit… please help me out guys, it's been a long time since I've looked into lights and I'm out of my element.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your loss, but why don't you like Chinese lanterns if Klarus is a true Chinese?

klaruslight
Address: 8/F, E Building, LongJing Science park, No.335 BuLong Road, BanTian street, LongGang District, Shenzhen, China, 518129

The one who told you about streamlight protac 2l-x usb/protac 2l-x was absolutely right. It seems to be the only one that has a small head and a strobe combined with 18650 from non-Chinese manufacturers. Although no, it seems that China is also

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Klarus was likely made in China. Streamlight now has their ProTac series lights made there too. Same with Pelican.
The only true American built, true tactical flashlight I can think of without a bell head is the Maglite MagTac but it uses primary 123's for fuel. No 18650 option.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't Malkoff made in USA? They can use 18650.
True, but there is no strobe. Elzetta also doesn't fit because of the big head and lack of strobe on Bones, and the big head and lack of 18650 on Bravo (but with strobe). Oveready could fit in size and can create a stroboscope there, but the price is more than that of SF. There used to be Texas lumens, you could take a 6P droppin with a driver with the right settings, but they sold their workshop.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't Malkoff made in USA? They can use 18650.

Malkoff doesn't meet his requirements.
He wants the look and function of a chinese import light that's not made in china.

The only readily available American made light that meets his requirements is a Sky Lumen Nguyen with a P60vn dropin programmed to L/M/H/Strobe.

pc_light

Enlightened
BryanWolf - FWIW, Armyteks are made in China factory owned by Canadian Company supposedly using USA and Japan made components NorthAmerica and have a sale currently going on. I don't own one and can't vouch but the Doberman Pro might work.

Having said that I'd also rather opt for a Malkoff 3-mode w/o strobe.

Last edited:

LEDphile

Enlightened
An HDS systems light (rotary or tactical will get you easier access to the modes you want than the Executive/clicky versions) with the 18650 tube checks all the boxes, but makes Surefire look cheap

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
An HDS systems light (rotary or tactical will get you easier access to the modes you want than the Executive/clicky versions) with the 18650 tube checks all the boxes, but makes Surefire look cheap

There should be a *disclaimer everytime HDS is mentioned to those unfamiliar

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's what ya need. I can't show what's in there bc it'll cause a frenzy. Merican Metal for Austrian Plastic

EE254FA4-DDF2-4C6F-A258-2E49A216FEE2.jpeg

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I have one too, "console vault" brand. Well at least it makes it harder than if it wasnt there. Keeps the average high schooler checking doors out.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Appears easy access between door and jam with a pry bar.. spring loaded hinge?

I mainly have it to keep my kids from accessing things. But it would take some work to get into it.
You would have to tear the console with a pry bar and make all kinds of noise to get into it. Definitely possible though.

How it fits is it folds out into the console fit like a jigsaw puzzle then screws into it. So it doesn't just come out without disassembly or tearing out the plastic console around it.