Please help me identify this SureFire flashlight(if a fake!?!?)

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I would of thought by now that people here had more knowledge than what seems to be said in this thread. First off, Ptolemy misleading described this as a "Surefire" which we can obviously see from the pictures that it is a Superfire. From what I've seen, Superfire seems to be just another brand from the same Chinese flashlight makers that makes Ultrafires. The quality of Ultra and Superfires do vary and depend on the one that you buy. From my experience with Ultra/Superfires, they're usually decent quality--about at the level of the Brinkmanns and Dorcys that you would find at department stores like Target or Walmart. As for buying from Ebay sellers from asia that sell these flashlights, it's not that different from buying flashlights from Dae at Quality China Goods (http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/). I have bought a few Ultra/Superfires from those Ebay sellers without any issues. Admittedly there are alot of shadey sellers on Ebay, but it's also your job as an ebay buyer to carefully ready through the auction descriptions. Anyway, I do wonder just how efficient at power use seeing how it states 18W--which simply could be numbers fluff anyways...

Calina

Enlightened
The way I read this, the brand name is SuperFire and the model number is Super Bright 18w, not 18 W nor 18 Watt.

18 w is just a crafty and a "bit" misleading name. A simple calculation proves it couldn't be an 18 watt light.

Do you know of any 18 watt LED? I don't, at least not in a single emitter.

And to answer Ptolemy's quetion: No, this is not a fake! This is a genuine SuperFire flashlight
evilgrin07.gif
just as it says on the label.

Last edited: