maximum lumen not very important

My lamp may have these advantages:
1.hight cri
2.extreme low lumen mode
both aa and 18650 is ok but cr123 is hard to find in my city

sorry for my bad english:p

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight H600Fc MKIII(4000K 83-85 CRI) or H600Fd MKIII(5000K 83-85 CRI) both 18650 powered with a diffused beam via frosted lens.

Zebralight H502c(4000K 85 CRI) or H502d(5000K 85 CRI) both AA powered with full flood beam via no lens/mule.

Armytek Wizard Pro V2 XM-L2 (Warm 90 CRI)(2600-3200K) 18650 powered

All of these models have extremely low lumen modes available(especially the Zebralight's with as low as 0.01 lumen)

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a fan of lights that I have and I have a Nitecore HC90 which uses a single 18650 battery.

He said he wants high CRI. The Nitecore HC90, while an ok headlamp, has one of the lower CRI specs that can be found in a headlamp at about 65 CRI. It is also cool white which causes more reflection and is harsher on the eyes when working on things up close.

Last edited:

D6859

Enlightened
Armytek Tiara A1 Pro also has a HI CRI model and low firefly mode. As model name suggests, it's 1AA.

Kudzu

Newly Enlightened
I have both an Fenix HL50 and a Zebralight H52fw. The HL50 is a nice light, but the Zebralight is better in every respect. The HL50 has been relegated to emergency glove box duty / I'm-traveling-and-wouldn't-care-as-much-if-I-lost-it-duty.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Petzl for me every time,if it is good enough to use on a professional basis then it more than adequate for hobby use.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Petzl for me every time,if it is good enough to use on a professional basis then it more than adequate for hobby use.

Great, durable headlamps for sure but, those awful cool white greenish, bluish, or purplish emitters are hard to take once you try a headlamp with a high quality emitter. Not to mention the low runtimes they get compared to some of the other headlamps on the market. Petzl's also lack models with true "extremely low lumen modes"(moonlight mode) and high CRI like the OP wants. Now that I have tried some of the others, I dont think I could ever buy another Petzl headlamp and I used to be a huge Petzl fan and still use a lot of their climbing gear as well. I suggest you try a neutral or warm white medium to high CRI powered headlamp from one of the other companies like Zebralight, Armytek, Fenix, exc. It could totally change your opinion of what is desirable in a headlamp. It did for me:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
i need i headlamp for repairing jobs and at night
maximum lumen not very important

My lamp may have these advantages:
1.hight cri
2.extreme low lumen mode
both aa and 18650 is ok but cr123 is hard to find in my city

sorry for my bad english:p

The Armytek Tiara warm though not sure if neutral white is really high CRI. I have no clue but the tint looks nice. The Fenix HL50 is also neutral white but seems more cooler than the LEDs in any of my Armytek "warm" lights. I guess of the two the Tiara Pro is probably closest to your match that I own as it has a low low low low moonlight. Uses 1xAA.

waynestractor

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix HP30, which has the super low eco mode and uses 18650's, not too sure about the CRI though. I use it for work and night time walks with our dogs, very happy with it.

Latest posts