Pocket knife / Pocket light

woolfam

Newly Enlightened
I have been told that Henry Ford said, "I don't trust any man that doesn't carry a pocket knife." I would agree. IMO when you do not have a pocket knife you are not well-prepared. I have, over the years, "whittled" my choice down to a Smith and Wesson S.W.A.T 2.5" part straight / part serrated blade, aluminum handles w/ rubber inserts, one-hand-open. I've found it to be the best compromise of all the features I need in a knife (I won't go into those here).

My question is... What flashlight do you carry in your pocket on a day-to-day basis? Why have you chosen this particular model w/ these particluar features?

I hope this is not a repeat of a previous post. If it is, you're welcome to direct me to the existing one.

Davethedieselguy

Newly Enlightened
I carry a ARC AAA light in my pocket, which you will find is the CPF pocket light of choice and a Victorinox Swiss tool on my hip. I have owned several multi-tools from different companies and in my opinion the Swiss Tool is the best. It's a bit heavy compared to some, otherwise super. Second best is the Leatherman Wave combo pack with a AA Mag, nice having them together. I have several pocket knives but none seem get the job done. I recently found the Victorinox Auto Tool, which is a knife as well as a light. I have only seen pics so I can't really comment on that one.

I think this thread would be better suited to Knives, Multi-Tools and other gadgets.

woolfam

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I did not intend this topic to be about knives. I was just drawing a comparison. I was more interested in the pocket light aspect.

On the other hand, do you mean there is a knives forum here too? This place is more than I can stand!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc-AAA all day, every day.
I think this light is the most popular EDC on this forum.

I will make a guess that the Arc-LS and SF E2e makes a great showing here.

guncollector

Enlightened
Arc LS and Chris Reeve Sebenza Classic (small).
smile.gif

Panzerfaust

Newly Enlightened
An old Surefire 6P (one of the 1st ones) and an even older Spyderco Endura or a Leatherman tool. The Surefire now gets traded off occaisonally for a PT Tec40 because as much as I like it (small size, mega brightness) those Lithium batts ain't cheap. The knife's always clipped into my pants pocket while the flashlight gets tucked in a cargo pocket of the pants or my jacket.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember this thread, it's what got me from lurking to posting.

Asp saphire on car keys,
Cold Steel Mini Pal on house keys,
all keys sorted by use and kept on a carabiner so that they can be removed easily,
Spydeco Dragonfly in back pocket

in briefcase(listing these cause briefcase always goes with me)
Scorpion,
Streamlight 4AA 7LED,
PT Attitude,
cheapie $5 white led from Target (cylindrical tube)
also other sundries in the briefcase or my waistband (wink,wink) but we'll forget those to stay on topic of lights and blades.

Kirk

Enlightened
Photon 2 on Victorinox Classic always carried. White Asp Sapphire on mini SUV keys, Princeton Tec Pulsar on car keys, Blue Inova Microlight on truck keys. Surefire E1 in back pocket next to wallet.
Kirk

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Arc-AAA, Gerber LST, Nokia cell phone

On the Arc, if you have to ask why, it means you don't have one yet.
smile.gif
Seriously: small, almost indestructible, usefully bright, consistant, well made, long run time.

When I'm playing radio, I'll add a wenger (spelling?) Tinker SA knife, a 2AA mini-mag with newbeam conversion, a 6W 2-meter radio, and a Leatherman PST2 (I think. The normal sized one w/ sizzors(spelling))