Polarion PH-50 Main Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Adam, you're a brute! Haha! :laughing:

My goodness.......... how about a picture of that bezel now.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bezel did its job of protecting the lens :) ...

ph50-bezel-dent.jpg

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That's nice to see. But I'm still a bit disappointed that the handle broke off.

Besides the dent and the crack line, I'm guessing the light still looks pretty good.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another example of great service from Polarion-USA :twothumbs . I hope to take you up on your offer if and when the head begins to show signs of failure, but I gather that may never happen as I know from first-hand experience just how hardy these handhelds are. The dent (which was initially in worse condition than pictured) on the bezel was incurred from a fall off the top of an eight-foot ladder onto a fully cured, 4000 psi concrete driveway w/ 25 percent fly ash content. This is about as hard and durable a concrete driveway gets as I specified and supervised the driveway pour for a client in the field of heavy machinery. A new head would likely never see itself installed as the current one has survived that and lesser drops without compromising much of anything. Inspired by cfromc in Surefire G2 Not Waterproof, the PH50 took an hour swim in a pool last night and came out unscathed through a number of submerged strikes and restrikes. Now back to beamshots :) :

ISO Setting: 80
Exposure : 0.5
White Balance: Day Light
Distance: 23 Yards

Spill Pattern: w/ Diffuser Filter | w/o Diffuser Filter
ph50-23-diff-xdiff.jpg

Exposure : 1.0
Distance: 39 Yards

Spill Pattern: w/ Diffuser Filter | w/o Diffuser Filter
ph50-39-diff-xdiff.jpg

Additional Notes
1. Manual exposure settings based on PH50 w/o Diffuser Filter with camera in Auto exposure mode.​

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Amazing! An 8 ft drop on to solid concrete -another astonishing test survived by a Polarion!

And a very fine gesture there from Ken.

Patriot

Flashaholic
More amazing diffuser shots! These are the best yet when trying to compare. It seems that the diffuser also causes a noticable amount extra spill light also. Cool.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I have to quit looking at this topic, and sulk back into other room clutching my BB security blanket. Ken should hire adamlau to do Polarion promotions. :sssh:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes he is rather good with this isn't he? Is Ken Good watching? In the meantime Lux, why doncha try one, you'll like it!:devil:

Karl

Patriot

Flashaholic
I have to quit looking at this topic, and sulk back into other room clutching my BB security blanket. Ken should hire adamlau to do Polarion promotions. :sssh:

But you have nice really nice diffuser for your Xeray lights too right?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, and it does work well. It's made of some type of transparent plastic. I was most interested hearing the one for the Polarion is of glass....correct?

Karl

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes, and it does work well. It's made of some type of transparent plastic. I was most interested hearing the one for the Polarion is of glass....correct?

Karl

Um...yeah I think so. I believe Adam said that it was glass and fairly heavy. I'm surprised we don't each have one yet Karl. :grin2:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anything, we are all part of its promotion :) . And yes, two filters would be better than one :thumbsup: .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.