Poll: Arc LS2 or LS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Gransee:
some high quality dark.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know exactly what you mean by "high quality dark." In fact, in the best dark I've been in, I couldn't believe that I could light the top of a 75' tree that was across the field from me... with my Arc AAA!

REAL dark makes all lights brighter.

Hmm... so maybe instead of a dimmer, I should just turn more ambient lights on. That would be easier, huh?
grin.gif

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Gransee:
Getting runtime graphs are more difficult for this light because it tends to go into thermal shut down sitting by itself and mess up my nice graph.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Instead of total shutdown would it be possible make the LS 2 & 3 so the light could would just dim to a lower level until heat levels return to an acceptable amount?

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the LS1/2 goes away. I think it will be missed as the greatest general pocket sized utility light very to be created. I like the Idea of the LS3 but as a complement to the LS1/2 line. Sometime you just don't need that much light and other times you do.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
One would hope that future versions of the LEDs will be more efficient so that we can get more light with less heat issues.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Well I imaggine that when Arc flashlight can support 3 flashlights, the LS2 or the LS4 (Improved version of the LS2 but still with a 1W Luxeon) or something will be introduced, lets give it time...

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
My main concern: Will the first run of the LS Rev3 be Waterproof to 50ft / or so, same as the Rev2?

Brian

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by JonSidneyB:
If the LS1/2 goes away. I think it will be missed as the greatest general pocket sized utility light very to be created.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't think you'll personally miss them for quite a while. It should take you YEARS to work your way through your stash of hundreds...
grin.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Silviron:
I LOVE ARC products, and highly respect Peter, but no way will I spend $300 for a flashlight with a one hour run time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What is the retail price for a SureFire M6?

350 $

What is the runtime?

60 min -LOLA
20 min - HOLA

BUT, yea, 300 bucks is a lot for a light! I want to buy the M3, about 200$, and I haven't "bit the bullet" to purchase that one yet!

(and you know, that while ARC serves the world, there will always be a Lambda or Elektrolumens or Dat2zip or a Daniel Ramsey or . . . ????? else to make a select few "super tweaked lights" for us CPF people!)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of the 5w white emitters I have are greenish in tint. I sure hope this is not a redux of the greenish tint problems with the batwings.

LSxbeams.jpg

Increasing the power up to the 5W rating reduces the tint somewhat but it is still noticably green.

I am waiting for more 5W examples before making a judgement. We may extend the LS2 if need be...

Note: All three flashlights in the photo above were powered with single 123 packs. The LS3 is even brighter with the 2x123 pack installed.

Peter Gransee

Darell

Flashaholic
I think it was J. Geils who wrote the song "**** on the Wall"

Oh, how I hope we can see some whiter white LS's! Great beam shots, Peter. Puts everything in perspective perfectly.

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Graham:
Oooh. I like the look of that LS2 spot. Can you give us a hint at what distance that is?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Graham - you are SUCH a sucker for that tight beam, aren't you?
smile.gif

Steelhead

Newly Enlightened
That does it. I must have the LS2.
Look at that beautiful tight beam. It blows the LS1 away and I was perfectly happy with the LS1.
STEELS2HEAD

CiTY

Enlightened
I am content with the LS1s I have. I think the LS2 is nice but not worth the intermediate upgrade. I'll wait for the LS3 to "mature" with a dimmer and extra's before I get another ARC-LSx product. If LS2 seconds were available, I might jump for it...
smile.gif
Each light serves a specific purpose, like getting the right tool for the right job.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
In actuality, is indeed the LS2 beam "that much" brighter then the LS1, to say nothing of the LS3? Is it that the LS3 has a wider beam, therefore producing more lumens but the LS2 has a brighter hotspot? Judging by this photo even if the LS3 beam had perfect color temperature, I would still prefer the LS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.