Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaro

Newly Enlightened
Re: Poll: What Would Any Top Drawer Maker Do?

There is nothing wrong with stripes on a light AS LONG AS YOU DON'T try to sell them as "first". When someone pays a premium price, they should get a premium product. Just call them what they are, seconds, and discount them.
I know if someones not happy with an Arc product they can return it and then re-order, but they will get the same product with stripes again. So they lose their postage and waste their time. That just aint right.

simbad

Enlightened

I consider myself as a consumer, normal consumer that wants to get what is paying for, but some people having the chance to give the product back does not resist the feling of "I should send it back but I am really excited with the light, so I keep it", then they speak in a forum being pushed by others, that is a lack of honesty.As customers we have rights we agree before purchase any product, whatever is the price, so, not happy?, then back to the store..

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Slaro said:
There is nothing wrong with stripes on a light AS LONG AS YOU DON'T try to sell them as "first". When someone pays a premium price, they should get a premium product. Just call them what they are, seconds, and discount them.
I know if someones not happy with an Arc product they can return it and then re-order, but they will get the same product with stripes again. So they lose their postage and waste their time. That just aint right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slaro, I certainly hope that you are not trying to tell me or any of the other members that spent their hard earned cash on a light that has the density anomoly (in my case an Arc4+ FIRST) that their lights are no longer worth what we paid! Being a metal and wood worker myself I completely understand what went on with the material in process and that it doesn't affect the quality of the flashlight one tiny bit, and find it one of the breaks of the game and part of the realistic parameters. If I ever need to resell the light for whatever reason, I'll remember that there are guys like you out there trying to destroy it's value based on nonsense. Thanks I appreciate it alot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif Are you sure you're not just digging for a discount?

Tad

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Slaro said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps the middle ground solution is most fair. Since its not actual damage (like gouging in the anodize), perhaps as one poster suggested Peter can take $15 off the price of a first (i.e. sell the LSH-P at $135). While the stripe looks like crap IMO, I can understand the opinion that its NOT enough to make it a "second". So, sell it as a first but take $15 off the price as a good faith measure that the problem is being taken seriously by Arc. Perhaps a solution like this would keep both sides of the argument happy, and allow Peter to avoid taking a bit hit (keep his demanding customers happy without losing a lot of money by selling them as seconds)?

Slaro

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Again Peter did the right thing allowing anyone with racing stripes to get a refund for the product and for the shipping. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I personally have never encountered the "racing stripes" on any of my Arc products. The Arc's I do have are great.

Luciferase

Newly Enlightened

I'm gonna second what tsg68 said in his last few posts, except he did it with a lot less profanity than I woulda used--I find it hard to believe some of the whinging that's going on about this issue. Hell, I'm using--gasp, shudder--an *unanodized* twisty pack on my LSH-P. Sure, it has a few scratches on it by now, but it makes the light a better tool for my purposes.

And anyway, I think the stripes look kinda cool.

Bill.H

Enlightened

I totally agree with Tad (tsg68) on this.

On the Arc website you are told tint variations are to be expected in the "natural" HA. That automatically means it's not a second, it's NORMAL.

Saying they are seconds is like saying a fine piece of wood furniture is no good because you don't like the grain pattern. If you're buying a table and don't like the grain, you ask for another one. If you buy a striped LS and don't like the tint, Peter is offering your money back AND picking up the tab for shipping.

IMO, there's nothing to complain about.

Oni

Newly Enlightened

I kinda like the stripes. I wish it had more so my light would look tiger stripped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts