Post your Damascus, mokume gane, etc. lights!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I would luv it if they still made one, otherwise I would. :)

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A light coat of mineral oil, then wipe off for the carbon steel ones. Even stainless will rust if neglected long enough. But since you have oil in your skin, it seems to keep rust at bay too, as long as you use your lights...

Devin (Sigma) uses a home brew beeswax and oil mixture.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
A light coat of mineral oil, then wipe off for the carbon steel ones. Even stainless will rust if neglected long enough. But since you have oil in your skin, it seems to keep rust at bay too, as long as you use your lights...

Devin (Sigma) uses a home brew beeswax and oil mixture.

Yes. Most of what is called "stainless" these days is technically what used to be called "rust resistant." Most stainless produced is about 13% chromium, but it needs more like 18% to be really stainless, but then there's a trade off in that the steel becomes more brittle. You can also add nickel to make true stainless, but that increases the cost.

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
have been slowly trading/selling/aquiring to shift my "Customs" collection to Damascus 18350. Still have 2 Copper (Mac, Sigma) and 2 Aluminum (Both Mac), and these
still need to bore the DamCham 1mm larger.

have a few more in the works, and still hunting for a couple others.

fb5073c1af4cb347bd792ecbc1030617.jpg

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow mcbrat the dama is looking good

thanks. I fixed the alignment of the switch and trit in the DamCham. They originally came with a spring wire holding the driver it, and it was missing. I made one out of a spring wire key ring piece, and the added ring helps the body not screw down too far...

and thanks to magellan for letting me buy it back from him...

Last edited: