Post your "made-up words".

Canuke

Enlightened
Re: Post your \'\'made up words\'\'.

Weirdity. n. Like an oddity, but weird.

Pixelfarker n. a project manager who will make meaningless small changes to any project, that nets no significant improvement to the final product but will turn a one-day advantage to a three day deficit in the schedule.

Scotty v. to deliberately overestimate the difficulty and/or time to do a given task. Often used to open up a few days of goof-off time, to make yourself look like a miracle worker, or to protect your schedule against pixelfarkers (q.v.)

signals

Newly Enlightened
Re: Post your \'\'made up words\'\'.

Dumbassity (Dum-bass-ih-ty) - The degree of which one is a dumbass. "He displayed very high dumbassity today."

(Sorry about the phonetic spelling, I'm no good with phonetics. You've got to pronounce the "b" though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

-Kevin

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Post your \"made-up words\".

The folks up in Oregon are afraid that we Southern Californians will "Californicate" Oregon.

If your daddy is rich your made up words might make it into the dictionary more easily. I went to college in the 60's with Jonathon Cerf, the son of Bennet Cerf, the publisher of Random House.

When Jonathon was in prep school he coined the word "defenestrate" meaning to throw something out of a window. (The base of the word was "fenestre" which is French for window.) His daddy entered "defenestrate" in the Random House dictionary for him.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Post your

The folks up in Oregon are afraid that we Southern Californians will "Californicate" Oregon.

Uh oh... They better watch out for the Red Hot Chili Peppers...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Post your made-up words

My two favorite sniglets!:

lactomangulation (LAK to man gyu LAY shun) - n.
Manhandling the "open here" spout on a milk carton so badly
that one has to resort to using the "illegal" side.

ignisecond (IG ni sek und) - n. The overlapping moment of
time when the hand is locking the car door even as the brain
is saying "my keys are in there!"

Latest posts