!!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

ramplit

Newly Enlightened
Here's our ever-growing collection at the moment...:thumbsup:

surefire.jpg

The addiction has gotten worse ever since I started reading CPF a month ago! :naughty:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the crenelated bezel that's on the KT1/C2 in the background?

I think that would top off my KT2/Z3 lego nicely.. :naughty:

Thanks

The Bezels are sold by our very own RPM at this forum.
The Bezel tool he has wont work with the KT series heads though..

:)

Benny

Size15's

Flashaholic
ramplit,
Please can you share a few more photos of your 628 WeaponLight?

SureFire replaced the classic Z32 which was much cleaner in style with this current bezel that is "M2" style.
I'm interested to know your opinion of whether you feel the Bezel (and particularily the hexagonal anti-roll feature) is too close to the barrel.
If possible please can you measure the bezel diameter (inches or mm)
Is it 1.36" (34.5mm) like the old Z32, or 1.47" (~37mm) same as the M2?

1wrx7

Enlightened
ramplit,
Please can you share a few more photos of your 628 WeaponLight?

SureFire replaced the classic Z32 which was much cleaner in style with this current bezel that is "M2" style.
I'm interested to know your opinion of whether you feel the Bezel (and particularily the hexagonal anti-roll feature) is too close to the barrel.
If possible please can you measure the bezel diameter (inches or mm)
Is it 1.36" (34.5mm) like the old Z32, or 1.47" (~37mm) same as the M2?

Al,

My LU60A bezel comes in at 1.472" In the pic the hex looks real close to the barrel:eek:

+1 for more pics ramplit. Is that an actual MP5:drool: A guy I work with got a MP5 clone in .22LR. It looks like a lot of fun. The SureFire rail system he bought for it didn't fit though:( I guess they didn't clone it good enough:green:

Superdave

Enlightened
The Bezels are sold by our very own RPM at this forum.
The Bezel tool he has wont work with the KT series heads though..

:)

Benny

that's cool.. i could probably make a tool to take the old ring out as long as the new one fits.

I'll PM him about it. Thanks for the info! :D

Size15's

Flashaholic
Al,

My LU60A bezel comes in at 1.472" In the pic the hex looks real close to the barrel:eek:
Yep. The LU60 and LU60A use the M2 bezel at 1.47" diameter.
Apparently SureFire have replaced the classic Z32 bezel with one that is in the same style as the M2 bezel. However, I'm not sure whether it is the same as the M2 bezel at 1.47" but in black type II.
I find it hard that SureFire would bother to scale the M2 bezel down to 1.36" diameter. I guess that the MP5 forend is one of the only models where bezel diameter is close to contacting the barrel. Won't be an issue when SureFire convert the 628 and 628F to the P60L and use the standard bezel rather than a shock isolated one.

Al

ramplit

Newly Enlightened
Yep. The LU60 and LU60A use the M2 bezel at 1.47" diameter. [Snip]

Al

Wow...you all go over my head so fast! :huh: :wave: The bezel is 1.47" and uses a P60 lamp. It looks very much like my M2. The Malkoff M60 showed up today for this light, but wouldn't work, I forgot to include the $1 adapter for the shock absorbing head.

DSCN4341.jpg

The M2 reference makes sense now...the P60 Lamp for this light has a strong outside spring that I assume is there to combat recoil. The M60 won't make contact with the powered ring where the larger outside spring fits. I need to add the Malkoff spacer to have it work inside the 628.

The light is very close to the barrel end and has the flame pattern on the bezel to prove it. I don't think that I consider it too close. It's pretty handy to have the point of aim and the spot from the light go to the same place. I looked at the offset adaptor and may end up there, but I liked the way that this worked and felt.

DSCN4330.jpg

DSCN4332.jpg

It looks pretty grimey in this picture...the suppressor burns a fair amount of gunk into some places that just takes time with a brush to remove. I wasn't thinking about how close the barrel and the light were until I tried to fit the suppressor on and it really wasn't even close to going on. It was at that point that I saw that the flame pattern was on the bezel.

DSCN4339.jpg

BTW, even though it's a real Heckler & Koch and is marked MP-5/N, it is a modified semi-auto HK94. As you can see in this picture, it's missing the full auto machine gun feature. :( It's still a hoot to shoot and to do carbine classes with and for the most part keeps up with its full-auto brother.

DSCF0182.jpg

We have one of the .22 MP-5 look alikes that you spoke of as well. The holes for the forearm mount are just different enought that the surefire front-end wouldn't fit on without drilling one part or the other. That too is a lot of fun. Our's is cut down like the one above and it too has a real silencer attached. That's so quiet that it will make head's turn at the range! :thumbsup: Sorry about the dark pictures...not at the photo studio and used the flash instead.

Best regards and sorry for the hijack.

ramplit

Last edited:

zx7dave

Enlightened
Minus a few at the Milky labs and the one's in the vehicles...

Toplayer.jpg

Bottomlayer.jpg

Some of the same collection out of the case...
Dec08Collection.jpg

This group includes 9 Milky projects...I used to take the tape off as I liked the natural look of the light...mostly Seoul P4's..nothing too outlandish...

Size15's

Flashaholic
Wow...you all go over my head so fast! :huh: :wave: The bezel is 1.47" and uses a P60 lamp. It looks very much like my M2...

The light is very close to the barrel end and has the flame pattern on the bezel to prove it. I don't think that I consider it too close. It's pretty handy to have the point of aim and the spot from the light go to the same place. I looked at the offset adaptor and may end up there, but I liked the way that this worked and felt.

Best regards and sorry for the hijack.

ramplit
Thanks
This makes sense. There is only one size of bezel - the "M2" size which may now be the new Z32. Will try to confirm that.

The whole point about the light being so close to the barrel is to aid in aiming. Especially in CQB for those wearing masks.

Al

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
In other news, I think DaFAB is now legally obliged to post a collection photo, now that he has got so much cool new stuff. The legal consequences for not doing so are long and complex, but ultimately result in his entire collection becoming my property :whistle:

Regards,
Tempest

I finally went into the vault to take some pics.

more to come..:naughty:

3P's

004-17.jpg

M6's and Black M2 Magnum Light Body

007-15.jpg

C2/M2/L5

002-26.jpg

6P Collection and Various Flavors of 6P Bezels

005-21.jpg

E-Series

003-25.jpg

Weaponlights
also a Streamlight TLR-2..:whistle:
001-19.jpg

Most of the collection.

My misc. parts are not shown here, only (mostly) complete lights.
I admit to having a problem...:ohgeez::duh2::eek:
Also note: there are a few Alephs in there too...A3/Pr-T

011-11.jpg

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the photos :thumbsup:

Your 6P collection is very impressive. I would post some updated photos of mine, to compare, but I'm not sure it has really changed since the last time I did :sigh:

Regards,
Tempest

loszabo

Enlightened
This is the most impressive SureFire and especially 6P collection I've seen so far. Wow!!! :sssh:

The green 3P is my new SureFire holy grail!

Size15's

Flashaholic
DaFABRICATA,
Thanks for taking the time to take and share those photos of your collection. Very impressive without a doubt.

I've never seen the W-Series bezel on standard-body SureFire. I've always wondered about whether it was possible. Excellent!

Superdave

Enlightened
I'm a bit curious.... Which lamp or LED are you running in the light on the left. Looks like a Solarforce bezel on a yellow G2 body, with a G&P strobe tailcap.

Just a regular P60. The Yellow head for the light is missing the retaining ring for the lense.

I keep this one in the glovebox of my drag car. Strobe signals if i've got a problem at the end of the track or on the road and of course the yellow body is easy to spot at night. :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just a regular P60. The Yellow head for the light is missing the retaining ring for the lense.

I keep this one in the glovebox of my drag car. Strobe signals if i've got a problem at the end of the track or on the road and of course the yellow body is easy to spot at night. :)

Nice to see a legoed light with a specific purpose. :thumbsup:

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
I think I have an illness.....I hope it goes away soon....
This first photo was a little less than a year ago....

SurefireCollection.jpg

My addiction has not ended and is slowly growing.... :sick:
surefirecolection.jpg

Latest posts