powerpoint question

darkhanger18

Newly Enlightened
hey, i am doing a presentation that is all pictures. I was wondering if there was a way to add whole folders of pictures at a time, insted of manually selecting each one. I searched and couldn't find anything on the net. any experienced users have any ideas? :huh2:

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm pretty sure you can't. You'd be much better off using software designed to work with images, like Picasa from Google, or Apple's iPhoto.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I've tried to do that just the other day by doing a "select all" and copying & pasting. What wound up happening was that PP wound up stacking all of the images together in one big pile on a single page, and it treated the whole stack as a single object so I couldn't drag the photos to individual pages.
:thumbsdow

db

Newly Enlightened
This doens't answer your question, but you may consider using IrfanView's slideshow feature ?
It will allow you to save the list of images to file ahead of time. You can config it to display next pic by time or keyboard input.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no way! but you can make a link to a slideshow file with all the pictures, that way when you click, load, or do something it will autolaunch. How many pictures do you plan to use and what format? if you put too many pics in a file it may take a long time to load on the computer.

HTH
AlexGT

Roy82

Newly Enlightened
Have to watch the file sizes in those Office programs, especially with pictures! And compressing doesn't always make the file smaller.

OT: I only just found out, if you save as a powerpoint show, .pps, it will autolaunch into the slideshow directly. And I was looking for just that option with my last presentation, and never found it...:stupid:

darkhanger18

Newly Enlightened
Roy82.. :goodjob: ..that program was PERFECT, it worked just like I needed. It is a little slow, but only because there is well over 600 pictures on it. You can even choose how many pictures you want on each slide :grin2:
Thank's again for all your help

Latest posts