Preon P1 MKIII

lumenati

Newly Enlightened
I became ultimately disappointed with the Preon P1 Mk III, for a few reasons and all important to the functioning of the light. But my reasons for liking this third generation of the P1 are more numerous and hold out hope for a rebirth of this new and improved, next generation of a most popular EDC.

Last edited:

lumenati

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your quick response.
I just now found it as well. I became embarrassed and changed the 'subject' in my previous post, hoping to do so before noticed. : )

Last edited:

jylong_away

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Jason for being transparent. Don't feel bad about it, really no reason. Yes there are some disappointed customers. But the way you handle it is very professional and more than one can expect from a pre-production and discounted product. Full support from my side! (I purchased 8 of the lights – needed to compensate for the shipping costs overseas :p)

You solutions offered are more than fair. Send back and get refund or send back and get it fixed once a solution is found. Not sure if I will actually do it. Sitting in Europe, the costs for shipping two times when fixing it equal to purchasing a new light later on. And like you, in my real world use, I did not encounter the issues. I also charge regularly.

Earlier in the thread #197, someone proposed an option to simply ship the new driver so we can fix the lights ourselves. I will send an email to support and we can discuss that option.

Another option that was mentioned in the thread was to give people that got a pre-production light a discount on the full production light. I guess it is a little too much administration. But I am sure mailing support and proposing this will result in a good dialogue and happy customers at the end.

Overall, keep up the good work. I like your transparency, even when things go unexpected. Looking forward to get some more info once you found the error.

And to all disappointed customers. I can just say that I purchase things from Prometheus Lights since a couple of years and always got professional, flexible and generous feedback and help from support, sometimes even direct answers from the maker. All my crazy inquiries have been considered and ended up in happy builder, happy customer relation. The quality of all products received is exceeding my expectations by far. Be patient. At the end everything will be good. If it is not yet good, it is not yet the end :)

I must admit, I think I've learned to be a bit more 'chill' about these things after having to deal with the original Foursevens Customer service about my Bolt Mini light. It took a number of weeks, and a lot of frustration to get any kind of answer (accurate or not) from them towards the end. This is a somewhat refreshing change.

I'm still crossing my fingers that they might be able to send out 'repair parts' to us overseas folk, that don't require any knowledge of soldering to install!

Greta

Flashaholic
I think it is proper to note here that several posts by member wacbzz have been removed from this thread by a forum moderator and consolidated into one thread posted HERE. Consequently there appears to be some inconsistencies and lack of continuity in this thread. CPF (*I*) does not condone this type of moderation but if this is how the moderator(s) of this sub-forum choose to conduct business, it is on them.

Carry on.

EDIT ADDED: Looks like the posts were put back where they originally were. Nothing more to see here. Thank you... :)

Last edited:

sticktodrum

Enlightened
If there's anyone else who isn't happy with their light...I missed the initial release and couldn't even get one of them.

So... :/

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jason stepped in, and saved Foursevens.
Give the MAN some thanks, guys!

elzilcho

Enlightened
If anyone wanted a new Preon but missed buying one earlier, it looks like they're now for sale at Urban EDC Supply at/near the promotional price. The model shown has both logos, Prometheus and Foursevens. Runtimes match the darksucks website.

archer6817j

Enlightened
If anyone wanted a new Preon but missed buying one earlier, it looks like they're now for sale at Urban EDC Supply at/near the promotional price. The model shown has both logos, Prometheus and Foursevens. Runtimes match the darksucks website.

We saved a handful of these for Urban. They are the last of the pre-production batch. Still using mine daily with no ill effects :)

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
@archer6817j
@elzilcho

Thank you guys!!

I just picked up another nickel chrome!

sticktodrum

Enlightened
I believe I ordered the last satin nickel from Urban EDC... And snagged another satin black. Couldn't resist.

It looks like such a nice light, can't wait to see if they're delivered today.

I'm super appreciative that Foursevens is still alive.

elzilcho

Enlightened
Does anyone know if a Beta head will work on the new Preon body? (Or even on an old Preon body?) If so, I might need to pick up one of each.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if a Beta head will work on the new Preon body? (Or even on an old Preon body?) If so, I might need to pick up one of each.
Yes the Beta Head will light up on the Preon MKII & MKIII tube without a proper o-ring seal. A Preon MKIII head will fit a Beta body, but will not work due to its longer head not making electrical contact with the PCB. They are not compatible dimensions.

Last edited:

jylong_away

Newly Enlightened
It's a gone a bit quiet, but has anyone heard any firsthand info about a resolution for all this?

sticktodrum

Enlightened
I've been using mine every day, and an quite happy with it.

When the regular production comes out, I'll probably pick one of those up also.