Preon Revo SS Neutral White XP-G

Bass

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip RedForest! I would have missed this - I don't go the MP very often.

NW ordered. Great to see XP-G's in these little lights - 14% increase in performance output. Nice!

jruser

Newly Enlightened
Trying to decide between the cool vs neutral.

I really like the beamshots better of the Preon 1 than the Revo. The neutral Revo seems like the best of both worlds, but this thing must've had XP-E's put in it for a reason since it came out well after XP-G was available. Does anyone think the Revo reflector with an XP-G would flood more than Preon 1? Not real sure how the reflectors differ between the two.

EDIT: Screw it, I just bought 2 of the NW. I bought one for my wife so she can't be upset at me getting one.

Last edited:

qqqqqqqman

Newly Enlightened
$69 for a 3" AAA unit? :huh: No wonder the term is "flashaholic" :green:

Hmmm, lemme go look at it...

Last edited:

purelite

Enlightened
Hey just to let you all know.

GoingGear has BOTH models IN Stock. All I have been reading on here for weeks is people moaning about the R2s being out of stock at 4-7s and wishing I had jumped on them and Going gear has had them all along. Unbelievabel!!!

I actually went and ordered the XPG one today. These are just such beautiful lights I cant believe I dropped this kinda money on a AAA but I will have it on me everyday so why not get the bling right?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey just to let you all know.

GoingGear has BOTH models IN Stock. All I have been reading on here for weeks is people moaning about the R2s being out of stock at 4-7s and wishing I had jumped on them and Going gear has had them all along. Unbelievabel!!!

I actually went and ordered the XPG one today. These are just such beautiful lights I cant believe I dropped this kinda money on a AAA but I will have it on me everyday so why not get the bling right?

You do know that we are on the second run now don't you? The last I checked GG has none.

purelite

Enlightened
Yeah I knew it was a new run at 4-7s . Goinggear must have just received them. I checked last evening at Goingear and there they was.

Just didnt know if poeple looking for the R2 knew they didnt have to wait until the 29th which is what 4-7s site says.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I knew it was a new run at 4-7s . Goinggear must have just received them. I checked last evening at Goingear and there they was.

Just didnt know if poeple looking for the R2 knew they didnt have to wait until the 29th which is what 4-7s site says.

Oh I see. I misunderstood what you said.

SoCal5150

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Just received my Stainless Steel Neutral White XP-G Revo from 4Sevens, all I can say is what a great light!:thumbsup: It is shorter and thinner than my favorite AAA light, the Liteflux LF2XT and has a much floodier beam. I compared the twist action to my only other light with the same UI, a 4Sevens Titanium Neutral Mini AA. The Revo is so smooth and easy to switch levels with one hand compared to the Mini AA, and the low on the Revo is much, much lower! I've never had a keychain light since I would always EDC a light such as a Jetbeam RRT-0, Surefire Backup or SS Nitecore Extreme but now I will not have to worry! I was so excited about this light that when I saw that Goinggear was offering the SS NW Revo I ordered one from them as well! With their discount it was even cheaper than with the discount from 4Sevens. If what Peter stated that the NW XP-G is a one time run, don't wait/hesitate!lovecpf

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I, too, received my SS Preon ReVO today. After playing with it for a while I put it onto my keychain as that was its original intended use. I thought about it for a while then took it off. This one is going to be in my front pants pocket for a while as my house keys sit in a pocket in my jacket and that means that this light will be at my desk when I'm at work and not on my person.

I gave away my ITP A3 EOS UE to my brother today because of this light.

bansuri

Enlightened
Got mine today. Beautiful light, neutral tint is gorgeous. Wow.
Might like a stiffer O-ring, and it's tragically missing a pocket clip, but a sweet little light.
Emitter perfectly centered, levels are spaced nicely, strobe modes way out of the way as it seems they've shortened the double cycle time(?), and the output is very useful. Grippy body, improved lanyard attachment point.
:thumbsup:

MatNeh

Newly Enlightened
My first SS ReVO had the same issue. I think the head is so small they can't fit their self-centering template in there.

Does anyone else have an off center led? This is my one from the first run its way off and touching the side of the refector. The beam is still fine but has some weird artifacts outside the spill beam.
** Oversized image in quote deleted - Kestrel **

Last edited by a moderator:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at those beam shots confirmed my suspicions that I am going to like the XP-E better than the XP-G neutral. I kind of prefer the slight throw from the XP-E even though I like neutral white more.

adam83

Newly Enlightened
Here are some more beamshots and comparisons I just took.

First, here are the lights I thought would be good to compare with the ReVo NW XP-G.

img2752s.jpg

Here are the beamshots in order from left to right, all lights on Hi. Camera exposure locked to 1/25th and daylight white balance. Lights were approx. 18" from the wall.

img2728fx.jpg

img2742o.jpg

img2738t.jpg

img2734o.jpg

img2745w.jpg

I must say that my ReVo XP-G neutral has the most pleasing tint out of the three neutrals I own. Very very close in color to the Quark AA XP-E NW, and slightly warmer than my Qmini123 XP-G NW.

The beam certainly is floodier than the XP-E ReVo, but I use this light in close-up applications most of the time so I prefer it's wide hotspot.

I hope to get two shots of the Cool and Neutral ReVos after the sun goes down tonight in an outdoor setting.

adam83

Newly Enlightened
...and here are some outdoor beamshots I promised...

Close range comparison of the ReVos

img2757.jpg

img2758wp.jpg

Slightly farther away, about 20 yards to the shrubs. All lights on Hi or Max

img2761b.jpg

img2763m.jpg

img2762x.jpg

img2766g.jpg

img2764p.jpg

I'll throw in the Quark WW Turbo just for good measure and additional tint/beam profile comparison.

img2765a.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys looking at these beamshots as much a I enjoyed taking them. :)

Latest posts