• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Pricing and Availability: Q & A

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Flashlight,

OK, I added it but if you saw my shop, you would understand that "hanging on to orders" is pretty iffy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif You probably go to a restaurant and *never* order from the menu, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif I am going to try to get your "special" order done this weekend and be done with it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
Don,
Quick stupid question. I did not notice your edit at the bottom of the order post about the engraving on the head. Didn't know if that's how mine went out. Engraved or not engraved, that is the question. I'm happy either way, just curious, and I guess I'll see for myself in a day or three. Thanks,
Brandon

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
So ya are able to locate light in dark. Atleast that is why I like it....well it looks realllllly cool too.

mut

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Brandon,
I am most definitely not sure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I switched to using them when I got them but I didn't make any notation in my spread sheet. My guess is yes.

PizzaJoe, What Mut said.

pizzajoe62

Newly Enlightened
thanks mut & don.
i think it would be neat to make it a standard but of course prices will go up but not much i suppose.
does the glow wear out in time?
joe

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Joe,
Tritium has a half life of around 11 years if my recollection is correct (usually isn't) If you do some searches on the forum you can find out more about it or google tritium. Making it a standard is a no go since it is not available in the states except in certain finished products.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pizzajoe62 said:
what is the difference between the addt'l LE($90) & the stand alone LE(95)?
will it be alright to run this with the clicky switch?

[/ QUOTE ]

The stand alone I believe means that you just buy the LE. The additional LE means that you are buying something also, so you save on the shipping for the additional LE.
Yes to the clicky.

mut

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The only difference is the price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif If you buy just a LE alone, it's $95. If you get an additional one along with a complete light, you save $5. These LE's are fine on a clickie. The output is the same that you would get from the "high" or non resistored stage from the two stage. Don't forget you need an Aleph head to go with the LE.

pizzajoe62

Newly Enlightened
yup, i remember.
so if were to get an LE w/ the aleph 1 head, i'll be paying the addt'l $5???
how does this package compare to the KL4 in terms of brightness & throw?
does it have a similar broad beam shape?
what would be my runtime w/ the 150S cell?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks Mut, you slipped in while I was looking for letters on my keyboard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Joe,
I added a Aleph 1 + LE to the price list and it would be $130.

How does it compare to the KL4 in terms of brightness and throw. Probably about half as bright and it throws further. It has a tighter beam angle than the KL4 and comparing Luxeon III's to 5W LED's is difficult at best. I'll let someone else answer your runtime on a 150S as I have not done one. That would be better discussed in a new topic anyway, I think.

EDIT:
Joe,
I think you are looking for a crash course in LED's and drivers and optic/ reflector considerations. Why don't you start a new thread here in the McGizmo forum if you want and start fireing away with your questions and folks can take a shot at providing some answers. I think we can stray further and further away from pricing and availability if we continue here.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Don ,

i would like to order an Aleph 5W , i was waiting for the next-gen BB but i've read that they can't drive the Lux-V , if this is right i can place my order.
I want a short-medium range torch with a BIG hotspot and a bright and large side-spill ; i have to use it only for short burst of time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :

is the Aleph1-5w-BB750 a good choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Marco,

Yes, I think the BB750 is the way to go to meet your goals. I assume 2x123?

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

Any chance of a mod of the 4 tritium capsules on the emitter for an Aleph LE? I've also sent you an email regarding this.

Thanks..
Greg

Miciobigio

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Marco,

Yes, I think the BB750 is the way to go to meet your goals. I assume 2x123?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes , 2x123 , but i want also 1x123 and 17500 tubes .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Don ,

i would like to know the color availability for the Aleph1 ;

- in your post you say that the only color is "HA dark gray" ( raw Al on request ? )
- at the Shoppe there are some "black" and some "nat HA"
- all the Aleph 's Pics here on CPF seems black ....

i would like an Aleph1+ all the batt tubes that are similar in color of that of the SF-Nat-HA ( Black is only my 2nd choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) is that possible ?

Last question ( don't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif me ): what is the status of your supply of tritium vials ?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
gregw,
I have edited the price sheet to show the option of adding the miniature tritium vials to the base of the LED lens. I will install 1 thru 4 of these at a cost of $6.50 (while supply lasts) I have a fair number of these so no worries at the moment.

Marco,
The Black and Dark Gray refer to the same color which is an almost black, dark slate gray. In HA-Nat, only some tail caps and 1x123 tubes were done. There are no Aleph heads done in this color. If you want a complete Aleph light im matching finish, your choice is either the dark gray or raw Al. At the moment, I have tritium vials of both sizes. This weekend, I milled single slots in some more of the tail caps and I will get them anodized in the dark gray so more caps milled for, but not containing the Glow Disc size vial will be available.