princeton tec vs surefire

brightnorm

Flashaholic

I guess no-one's interested in Tec 40 and UK4aa on lithiums, 'cause there've been no hits on my thread since yesterday. I'll probably withdraw it in a day or so if no interest is shown. I'm a little surprised; I thought brightness plus LONG runtime (up to 5 hours) would interest some folks.

Brightnorm

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightnorm,

I think one of the reason people want 4AA is its operation cost. Using lithium AA offset this advantage.

Even lithium is needed for a particular reason, 4 pcs. of lithium AA costs the same as, if not more than, 8 pcs of CR123 here in Hong Kong. With 8 pcs. of CR123, it feeds E2 for 5 hours or 2L for 12 hours. Of course, lithium AA might cost a lot less in the U.S. compare with CR123A.

Alan

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll probably withdraw it in a day or so if no interest is shown.

Oh, don`t do that- just because you get no replies, doesn`t mean no-one`s interested. Remember that the majority of board members just lurk, and rarely post anything. It doesn`t mean they don`t read what`s posted here.

Your test results are much appreciated by all, I`m sure
smile.gif
please don`t feel like you`re being ignored. Probably for now, no-one has much to add, or questions to ask. It happens, don`t worry about it!

grin.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Amplite

Newly Enlightened
Hey Brightnorm!
I know that Chris M and I are not he only ones who always read and appreciate your posting efforts so trust us we're paying attention!
Alan,
A good point about the bulbs for the Tec 40 vs the Q40. The Q40 bulb can be pricey ($6.50 +) compared to the PR bulbs for the Tec 40. Theres always something!!!

Amplite

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Empath:
Proprietary accessories produce obsolete products.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Empath,

I couldn't agree more. That's why, when I find something I really like, I buy several duplicates along with accessories if there are any. This policy has never let me down.

Regards,
Brightnorm