Problem with a Triple XML-U2

PilleLED

Newly Enlightened
Hello

I startet with a build Canister torch.
The Canister is from Hector 14,8V full charge 16,8V.
The lighthead is a triple XML-U2 and i like to run it on 3A.

First i uset the Shark driver 3A ,,,ther was something wrong with the driver ?????? dont know.
Second i got one more Shark Bug driver already wired , this one shows only 2,18A and on the PCM
on the LED board, Plus Minus i can read 9,2V ,,,,mmmhhhhh something wrong..
:shakehead:(
Next is i was thinking using a H6CC ajust to 3A.

do anybody has also a problem with the shark driver,os its just me.

Best Regards
and have a weekend full of light.
S.

demonic69

Newly Enlightened
I've only used the shining beam and DX drivers and they've both worked fine with 3x XML-U2, worth trying of of those if you get stuck.

jspeybro

Enlightened
9.2V on the led board can be correct if the leds are wired in series which is the most likely case; This is just 3 times the forward voltage of an XML led and will be the voltage provided by the driver (changes with the amount of leds in series for a constant current driver).
Where or how did you measure the current? measuring current can be a tricky thing, certainly currents of a few amps and higher. As mentioned in some other thread here, it may be necessary to replace the original probes of the multimeter by a thicker wire that allow to pass the 3A through the wire.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been in contact with Stefan and he was measuring current before the driver. His light is working properly!