• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Project Genesis - Sky Lumen Nguyen (It's Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markr6

Flashaholic
Re: Will you support my 1st light?

I have no idea just by looking at photos, but the tail cap seems like it would be awkward to hold, poking your palm. Just thinking out loud

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Let me know what you guys think!

"GC" Coming Soon ;-)

Twisty tail cap is somewhat aggressive because it's intended to be used under water. Clicky tail cap version will be smoother and more traditional.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Twisty tail cap is somewhat aggressive because it's intended to be used under water. Clicky tail cap version will be smoother and more traditional.

Ok, cool. I was confused on that tail. Can it go down to a single 18350 size?

Nokoff

Enlightened
Re: Will you support my 1st light? "Project Genesis"

Hmm... it's just a CAD so I don't want to sound judgy, but it's not appealing, at least not to me.

I'm not a diver, so I don't think in terms of attributes such as will it fit a dive glove or dive sling, and diving light uses range from recreational scuba to underwater photography so maybe it has a niche there...or maybe I just need to see more of a finished product to appreciate it because I'm not a visionary like that.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the added grip that aggressive design would provide if it's actually the tail that is twisted to control the UI.

Not so sure how it would be ergonomically though, as the edge of the tail is usually rubbing up against the palms of one's hand.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your first light designed to be underwater - are most your customer fanbase divers?

I'm no diver or no need for an underwater-specific light, I wouldnt buy it.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh,

Just don't do what 4sevens did and got sued by Surefire. That was nasty. We all want you to succeed. Good luck buddy!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your first light designed to be underwater - are most your customer fanbase divers?

I'm no diver or no need for an underwater-specific light, I wouldnt buy it.

It's just an all around tough light. Nothing specifically for divers. It's still in development anyway. Hard to say what it would end up looking like. I'm not a huge fan of the overly aggressive tail cap but I can see how it would be nice if it's -18 degrees on top of big walker mountain this year and I'm dragging a buck out of the woods at dark when all of a sudden my battery dies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

This is the conventional clicky tail cap. Not shown are lanyard holes and pocket clip. For those that does not not like aggressive twisty tailcap you can consider this tail cap. The twisty tail cap put twisty function, reliability, and extra water resistance ahead of comfort.

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast

^ how is this anything like any surefire light? I'm confused

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

^ how is this anything like any surefire light? I'm confused
I think what the guy is trying to say is that during the design, hes careful not to inadvertently reproduce a design patent that get him in the same spot as 4sevens.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I think what the guy is trying to say is that during the design, hes careful not to inadvertently reproduce a design patent that get him in the same spot as 4sevens.

Good tip. I will look it over carefully. We designed the light from scratch so I cant imagine any issues but always worth to double check.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good tip. I will look it over carefully. We designed the light from scratch so I cant imagine any issues but always worth to double check.
Yeah, there's patent whores that patent but never make anything out of them just in hope to sue people and make $$$, one of the things that scared me when I wanted to patent some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.