ProMagnum - 2AA, 4AA or 6AA or 2 D cell operation

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ProMagnum - 2AA, 4AA or 6AA or 2 D cell operat

Ok, Elvis is about to leave (all the reflectors are packed and ready to ship).

The only due out is 6pcs of mineral glass to Merkava which should be here shortly.

marcspar - the 4AA to D adapter gives longer run time. The output is regulated pretty well so maybe only 1-2% increase in brightness with the xtra cells.

Thanks again everyone, it has been an adventure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

Got my ProMagnum today, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great work Kevin, its well built, and very nice and bright.

I like the batt holders also, very small, and well made, they are alot sturdier than what I have been seeing locally.

Now, if my light meter would get here so I could take a reading or two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
yaesumofo said:
I had a little problem with my ProMagnum today. The heatsink came loose.
Any recommendations?
Yaesumofo

[/ QUOTE ]

By "came loose" do you mean it will slide in/out? If so, a couple small drops of epoxy can be used to hold it in position. Even a drop of super glue will work, and it can be applied right to the edge of the heatsink where it meets the battery tube. Just a small amount, don't over do it. Make sure the heatsink is in the correct position before glue is applied...

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

Battery test on my ProMagnum have turned out very good 6x2300mHa AA's are returning 4 hours plus in regulation I received 2 11000mHa D cells yesterday and they returned 6 1/2 hours before dropping out on their first charging cycle. This light is also reading higher on the light meter than any of my other DD LuxIII mods again Kevin thanks very very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Later
Sway

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Sway,

Where did you get the 11000mAh D cells? Those sound pretty interesting; what kind of charger do you use?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

That would probably be the Maha batteries.

Ultra High - True Capacity 11,000 mAH MAXIMUM LIFE Rechargeable NiMH Batteries assure you the best Long Lasting Power for your equipment which requires "D" size batteries such as Radios, Boom Boxes, Remote Control Cars and much more. MAHA'S Advanced Technology, and True Rated Capacity with a very high life cycle guarantee you the best performance. These latest batteries from MAHA ENERGY are not only built to Industrial specifications they have excellent performance and reliability. Typical capacity is rated at 11,000 mAH but these cells average 11,100 to 11,300 mAH. Most other manufacturers would have rated these batteries as 12,000 mAH, that is how good they test and perform. Even after 100 charges they not only maintain their high capacity, but tests have shown that they actually gain 100 to 200 mA or more in capacity. "Not all batteries are created equal ."
All POWEREX batteries are manufactured to Industrial Standards for the Consumer Market.
Available in 2 pack package ( 2 batteries to a package ).

D cell Maha 1100mA batteries

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well haveblue beat me to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif yes they are the MAHA Powerex 11000mAh D cells I am charging them with a Ansmann Energy 16 charger the first and second cycle took around 12 hours @ 1000mA charge rate.

I will report back on the MAHA AA and D cells after I have cycled them all 5 or 6 times hoping they will improve a little but still 6 hours 30 minutes in regulation from a light this bright is not bad at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later
Sway

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks guys,

Those are a little pricey, but I'm tired of throwing away alkaline batteries and ordered some and a charger. They will pay for themselves in short time anyway.

Kevin

marcspar

Enlightened

Any idea if the cc crane 'smart' charger will work with these D cells?

Thanks,

Marc

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
marcspar said:
Any idea if the cc crane 'smart' charger will work with these D cells?

Thanks,

Marc

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out this CPF thread on chargers the CC Crane is talked about. The Ansmann Energy 16 is my first NiMH/NiCad charger so I can't comment on any of the others I do like it but it is pricey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

On a side note my ProMagnum ran 7 hours today before dropping out on the 2 D cells off a hot charge as before they had set in the light 24 hours before the run test, cooking on the 3rd cycle now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later
Sway

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Lux, welcome to the CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif I love your name. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif