Prometheus Lights: AAA Beta-QR LIVE on Kickstarter

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SNEAK PEAK! Prometheus AAA Quick Release Keychain Flashlight

Can you up your pledge? I may talk myself into a copper...

you can change your pledge by clicking on the "manage my pledge"button.
i just, upped it to a copper, I have no self control.

Last edited:

Dingle1911

Enlightened

I just pledged for the Trifecta package. I don't know who is getting the HA as a gift, but I figured I could think of someone. Thanks Jason, I am really enjoying my pen. Congratulations on another funded project.

Rees

Enlightened

Pledged copper! Any chance of making the QR too? :D

mattp

Enlightened

The two standard models will be HAIII natural and EN plated aluminum. There is a very big "maybe" on exotic materials like Ti, Cu, and brass. If I do any of those, they will be made "in house" and not across the pond.

So are the copper ones made in house? From the KS site it seems they're all made in China, but just wanted to check. Thanks, Matt

Robe

Enlightened
Upped my pledge to cover a copper. And I guess I still have the option to add a mickle one before it's over. Maybe the wife needs one!

Z-Tab

Enlightened

I've ordered an EN Beta to go with my EN Pen. Still holding out hope that you'll do a run in Ti at some point to keep my Ti Pen company.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pledged for an EN Beta-QR. Looking forward to getting a Blue-label Alpha whenever Jason has the time to get back to what he does best... :thumbsup:

revolver

Newly Enlightened

Looks awesome! Curious though, what is the length of the light with and without the quick release latched?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks awesome! Curious though, what is the length of the light with and without the quick release latched?

Length it says 3". I don't think a saw the length of the attachment though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened

I read every page, but forgive me if the answer to this question was stated and I did not see it. May I ask approximately what the beam pattern will look like ?

- (defined) hot spot with a tight (bright) spill,
- (defined) hot spot with a wide (but less bright) spill,
- diffused beam but with a slightly brighter area in the center of the beam ?

I saw someone earlier ask if this will have a floody beam, but my impression is that "floody" means different things to different people.

Last edited:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pledged for a EN plated one to match my alpha and pen. Just wish I could choose to pay more for the moonlight plus super bright. I just don't want it in copper...

Last edited:

boldless

Newly Enlightened
I would also be in on the EN model
icon11.gif

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Pledged for the HA black to replace my backup/car keys Thrunite Ti.
Would have liked the 3 mode/moonlight, but not a deal breaker.
Would have added copper for the "collection" (at up to double the price, actually) and probably another black as well as an EN as gifts for family if Jason were making them himself in Mountain View, but since they're China-made they just don't call for that, to me.
Still curious to see what he's up to next. And waiting anxiously for my Ti Alpha Pen!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let not turn this into a manufacturing country debate. People have their preferences and are entitled to them. This light say Made in China and he prefers a different country to manufacture and/or justify the price for himself. Let's move on.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Dingle1911

Enlightened
In for a copper. Got any other pics of the green?

I don't want to take Jason away from producing the pens because I understand there are people that are still waiting, it is worth the wait these pens are awesome, I receive compliments every time someone uses it. But I would love to see some more pictures. One of my favorite things about the pen project was the updates that Jason sent out, I am not sure if that is going to be possible because of the overseas production. Jason, share lots of photos from your trip.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
@tjswarbrick
What's wrong with China-made lights? If you like them buy them. Why does it matter what country it's made in?

Nothing. The vast majority of my lights, including the Thrunite Ti currently on my keychain, are made in China.
My point was, I'd pay extra and consider it more "special" were it made by a local craftsman. Even on his fancy new automated lathe.
I have no problem buying quality products for reasonable prices wherever they are manufactured - hence, I'm picking up a black one.
But I do seek to support small makers in the USA when their products meet my needs and offer quality, performance and utility a cut above for not too much of a premium.
For me, close to home = cool beans. My wife was born and raised in Mountain View; it's like 10 miles from me now. Just my personal preference.

Moving on. And anxiously awaiting my Ti Alpha Pen and HA Beta light. And seeing what Jason starts working on next.