Enlightened
God Bless America!
Isn't Capitalism GREAT?!
Or, in the words of P.T. Barnum
"There's a sucker born every minute".
At least Darkgear's customer got a really great product for his money.---Marc

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
if darkgear gets bids from morons it's not his fault. i've noticed lately ebay is less and less of a bargain anymore because of these uninformed people. that or they're competetive and in it for "the kill" when they snipe somebodys bid.

i'm looking at a c2 right now in exc cond that will probably go as high as a new one.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have made about 40 purchases (mostly knives) & would say 95% of them were good to excellent deals. I would say I only bought 1 "cheap" item. It was a tripod, all plastic. But even it wasn't misrepresented. I just didn't ask the right questions. Oh, I bought a "cheap" telescope too, but it was a cheap price. TX

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
Hey- a 'cheap' telescope can come in handy... even if it falls apart when you open the box. Can we say lenses for our Luxeon-Star mods?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

What I used to like so much about ebay was that it was like a cyber-garage sale, just a lot of people selling stuff they didn't need or want anymore. Now, in some selling categories, individual sellers are very scarce. You only see professional resellers running a business. Just doesn't have the same community feel it did 2-3 years ago. I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic.

It also isn't just the buyers who uninformed. Some sellers don't seem to have a clue about what they are selling. There is one seller who lists a lot of "E2"s but in the description field describes an E2e all the way down to the pyrex lens. The picture is of an E2. They put a reserve price on it definitely in E2e territory. To them I'm sure it's "just one letter off......"

Just my $.02.

Steve

DaveH

Enlightened
DarkGear / Randy,

The thing that I wonder about is did you take the pictures that you use in your ebay ads?

Seems like I saw some of them here?

Saaby

Flashaholic
I've seen some of Darkgears Auctions...and I know from talking to him that he takes some of his own pics and doesn't others.

IE--Recently an Arc AAA Auction features the "Classic AAA" shot (You know, the Arc AAA on the Circut board) as well as this one:

z.gif

an original shot by me. I don't know about the "Classic Arc" shot, but he had my permission to use that other shot
wink.gif
so it wasn't a problem at all. Somone sells Sauce Stuff on there (LightWand, LightOrb etc) all the time with a Pic stolen from the LED Museum--Craig is in the photo
smile.gif

As for the "Classic Arc AAA" shot, it better be ok to use...it's on my website (for school) too!

darkgear.com

Enlightened
I try to use all my own pics except when I'm pressed for time then I hijack pictures *tsk* *tsk*. If its something I run normally I use my own pics or ones from the manufacturer site.

The beamshots come from here.

http://darkgear.com/beams Warning pics are not optimized for the web so it requires alot of bandwidth.

Something I was playing with but never did anything more with. It might be a nice thing to have if i ever get serious about it.

Best Regards,
Randy

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a good paper target for this application? Something that I can buy 20 of so I can replace it everytime my kids draw on it.
tongue.gif

If I get a standard target then I can get serious about archiving beamshots of all the lights I ever get a hold of.

Best regards,
Randy

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This place cost me money every time someone finds a new good light. B/c then I have to go buy one.
smile.gif

Latest posts