• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Quad P60 5.6A Aluminum Drop-in, limited offer - $190

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
Van, I got the package today, lovely work. The P60 Quad is bright as heck.

I'm having an issue with the FETie in my old style 1x26650 FM body. I take it I'm not supposed to use the aluminum adapter for the McClickie that FM includes, as your brass insert fits, but it does not make contact as there is annodization on the threads. Is there an easy way to fix this? I'm willing to try removing the anno with Drano or Lye but want to make sure this is the problem.

Is there a way to remove the switch from the brass sleeve and move it into FM's adapter?

Thanks,
Marc

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
The threads are anodized yes, but at the end of the threads the shelf that stops the FETtie from threading any further is not. This is where it makes contact. If you have an old style of FM tailcap where this is anodized then you'll have to remove it. I have never encountered this before though. How old is your "old style" cap?

The options are for different optics. Thread coming soon.

no-knock

Newly Enlightened
will the thread for optic options be up before our quads are complete? In other words, do we have choices on this particular topic? I will leave it up to you, as I do not have any knowledge or experience with regard to the different optics, but I would like more of a wall of light rather than a focus beam. Any info on this would be great, but in the end I trust your decision.

Thanks