Quantum DD mods

blitz255

Newly Enlightened
cS46x

So as Craig has mentioned modding the emitters in the light easy. Before I tear into my light I was curious if anyone out there would be willing to post a quick tutorial on just how easy this could be. Maybe with pics even.

Thanks to anyone willing to help out.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only person I know who's modified theirs is Craig. He mentioned to me that it's easy to do, but, I'm quite happy with mine so I have no intention of modding mine. The only thing I'm even considering doing with mine is to make a 10440 body for it.

blitz255

Newly Enlightened
I am sure that at the moment Craig is the only one that has done mods. My thinking was that if anyone is thinking of changing emitters that maybe they could just snap some pics and post them on the forum to help out anyone else thinking of modding.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
posted in the wrong forum?

I would like to note that when I posted the picture, I only wanted to convey the fact that the lights were easy to modify, not that I was doing the mods for others.

**NOTE, THIS VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY**
The mod is simple, take out the retaining ring, and the pill comes right out. if, not, use the back of a pencil and push on the lens and optics assembly until the LED assembly falls out. remove and reflow on a new emitter.

as for tritum...

7jdb6

not that much to see. ;)

dafeichu

Newly Enlightened
posted in the wrong forum?

I would like to note that when I posted the picture, I only wanted to convey the fact that the lights were easy to modify, not that I was doing the mods for others.

The mod is simple, take out the retaining ring, and the pill comes right out. if, not, use the back of a pencil and push on the lens and optics assembly until the LED assembly falls out. remove and reflow on a new emitter.

What tool did you use to get the retaining ring out? I've been trying to use two small screwdrivers but I can't get the ring to turn.