Quantum III mod

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Q1 is tm306.

It is identical on the outside to a Q3, like a moddable 6 cylinder mustang is to a v8 one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Very very identical.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, that means that I dont have to waste my money on a QIII after all! So I can just buy a Q I and get one of these "Lunchboxes". I already have a sammie so I think I can get in on this. Now for acing my exams... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Krit

Enlightened
Yes start with Q1, because all inside I change to new both luxeon and engine.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
oracle2,

I did think that the lunchbox was a good idea, considering what many were spending on a 1AA mini m@g, but it looks like I was wrong.

I had asked above that those that were interested say so, and no one has. It wouldn't be very cost effective to hand turn just a few of them. It takes me over an hour to make a lunchbox and I'd have to charge $40+ each for them, which is rediculous. I was hoping to get enough interest to justify taking the project to a machine shop, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I don't know. Maybe I should start another thread for the purpose of gauging interest.

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chop.
One of the real nice things about the QIII is its beam. IMHO it has a well designed reflector with excellent flood.

By mounting the emmiter so low in the bezel , I suspect that you have lost allot of this flood from the standard set up.

Please correct me if I am wrong but your ' wall shot' looks very different to stock.

As you mention, you have not had time to play with the unit but you might want to keep this in mind before 'production starts'.

XFlash

Enlightened
Hi Chop,
You can put me down for the lunchbox, especially if it includes 2 level brightness.
Thanks
Xflash