quark mini AA & CR123 users thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just got my two minis AA.
The greenish tint is very very noticable, much more when compairing to a Maratac AAA or a Nitecore PD/EX. :confused:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I was surprised by the tint too. With pretty much all my other lights I'm indifferent to the tint, but this was noticeable even to me.

Maybe these were discount R5s. j/k

Anyway, for the light's intended mission I don't consider the green tint to be much of a liability.

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
I haven't gotten my Mini 123 yet. I'm still hoping for white, but I'd much rather have a greenish tint than bluish.

I kind of like the greenish tint of my LF3XT.

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
This light is obviously a bigtime smash hit, we've got a twelve page thread, and no OUTDOOR BEAMSHOTS yet?!

I think I'll probably buy this light even if I don't see any though!

ikelo

Newly Enlightened
i'm planning on buying one, but would love to see a comparison between the 123 and a p1d Q5.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Yeah, the current draw on high was less than I expected. (Was it 850 mA? can't remember)

Anyway, that would be great to get about 2 hours on the high mode.

If I get the chance tonight I'll face off the Mini AA versus my Fenix L1D Q5. That should be a pretty good comparo, because for a while, the Q5 Fenix lights really set the standard for efficiency.

In theory, in a matchup between Mini and L1D, the R5 should slay the Q5 easily (either longer runtime or brighter), but we shall see ;)

I've complained about brightness in my mini 123 and I just noticed it doesn't get hot on high - only warm. I wonder if I'm getting the draw I should on high. Is my mini defective?

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've complained about brightness in my mini 123 and I just noticed it doesn't get hot on high - only warm. I wonder if I'm getting the draw I should on high. Is my mini defective?

Thats such a subject feedback element, its hard to determine what your asking...... those little lights have very little mass... therefore it doesn't take long for the light to get warm.....

If your holding it, you hand should dissipate heat well enough that it doesn't overwhelm the heat dissipation abilities of your hand and get hot.

Whats the outside temperature?... how long is it left on?
Is it laying by itself on a counter while its on?

All those make a pretty bid difference on how hot it will get......

I haven't tested mine, but laying it on a counter on full power on a hot day with 80+ ambient temperature with no wind, I would expect it would be pretty hot in 10 minutes.... but thats rarely the case... usually we are holding them or turning them on and off or even.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Let's see if 4Sevens' website corrects the MiNi AA run-time on Medium.

:sigh:
_

edc3

Enlightened
This light is obviously a bigtime smash hit, we've got a twelve page thread, and no OUTDOOR BEAMSHOTS yet?!

I think I'll probably buy this light even if I don't see any though!

I didn't take any beamshots, but I got a chance to use my MiNi 123 "for real" outdoors last Friday. I walked down a trail in the dark to replace a geocache that needed maintenance. Medium was perfect for navigating and I used the low level to stealthily place the cache. High lit up the trail from side to side and far ahead. This was the only light I needed (although I brought three others with me). Don't wait for the beamshots, buy one! :twothumbs

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
Or even two...
The form factor, smooth operation, well spaced modes (including hidden strobe/beacon), XP-G, etc... make it a winner

Yeah, pulling the trigger on this one tomorrow (payday).

This will be my third "CPF made me do it" light since I joined up here. I think my resistance to the disease is falling lol!

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be very disappointed if the MiNi AA runs only 5.5 hrs on medium. The main reason I purchased it is for the long runtime on medium.

I remembered 4sevens corrected the runtime on high for the MiNi CR123... 4sevens should of caught such a big different in runtime on medium for the AA... I really want to know which is the right runtime on medium for the AA.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Until you realize 4Sevens claimed it would last 18 hours on an Alkaline.

I'm very disappointed, also.

:sigh:

What's the "inside story", David ?

:candle:
_

MS3

Newly Enlightened
So has anyone come up with a way to put a pocket clip on the Mini 123 yet?
I ordered an ITP A1 today that I read in another thread can be lego'd with the mini123. It has a clip. I hate to do this to my first quark, but my edc is always with a clip.

I think I am now a confirmed flasaholic. I thought I had gotten myself sobered up as my collection has been steady at 13 lights for a few months now. Then my wife was using one of my lights for a play at church and mentioned she really needed another just like it. Well, I had to order another light - she said we needed it - and after I ordered that one then I read about the mini123 and had to order that - it is christmas afterall - then I needed a clip for the mini123 and so I ordered the ITP A1..... I fell off the wagon. Hello, my name is Mark and I am a flashaholic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.