Quark Regular v. Tactical v. Nitecore D10

DeadButAlive

Newly Enlightened
I have all the lights mentioned above (in one or more forms) plus some others. I know its probably already to late, but for a 1xAA EDC light its awful hard to beat the Zebralight SC50. All 3 levels are just a click (or click-hold) away and each has a secondary level available. For a short little 1xAA light I find that the soft-press switch at the front is much easier to use than the tail clicky. The Zebralight goes as low as a Quark, as high as a Quark, uses current control for efficiency (as opposed to the D10's PWM), and is available in cool or warm tints. Since I got my SC50W+ all my other 1xAA lights stay in the drawer now, including my Quarks and D10's. If you are still in the market you really should give one a try - I already had Quarks and D10's so I wasn't expecting to like the SC50 as much as I do, it really surprised me.

zosocpf

Newly Enlightened
@DeadButAlive- how's the zebralight sc50's throw compared to the d10 and the quark aa?

DeadButAlive

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if this will help or cause confusion, but I will try to give a decent answer based on the models I have. The SC50 is very similar to the D10SP warm Q3 (XR-E) model, except that it has a smoother beam profile with no Cree rings. It has a little more throw than an XP-G model Quark (R5 editions) but somewhat less than the XP-E models (R2 editions). It definitely has more throw than the D10 Tribute model with the XP-E emitter though. Its not a thrower like a Jet-I Pro or an ITP SA1, but it lights up the trees 30 yards across the pasture pretty good on a 14500, about like the XR-E model D10SP.

Latest posts