Question for Lambda

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must be refering to the Ultra Illuminator; shown here next to the regular LX.

sl8.jpg

Now that's a hand warmer!

moraino

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuddTX:
Would there be any benifit to modifying a Brinkmann Legend LX tp be similar to your Lambda Illuminator?

If it were to produce the same light as your current Lambda Illuminator, there would be no reason to do this mod, but here is what I was thinking:

The LX uses 2 Lithium 123 batteries, that is 6 Volts to play with instead of 3.

The Legend LX already has a big aluminum bezel that would make for a great built in heat sink.

So, would it be possible to overdrive the LS even further, or maybe even put two LS in the head, if that is at all possible.

The goal here is, obviously, brighter!

Again, I really like my Lambda Illuminator. Thanks for making a great light!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better still, a step down regulator. That would be my ideal LS light.

Henry

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lambda:
You must be refering to the Ultra Illuminator; shown here next to the regular LX.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THE ULTRA Illuninator!

NICE!

So, I have to ask!

How much brighter?

What is the run time?

Do you sell them?

You are THE MAN!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would there be any benifit to modifying a Brinkmann Legend LX to be similar to your Lambda Illuminator?

If it were to produce the same light as your current Lambda Illuminator, there would be no reason to do this mod, but here is what I was thinking:

The LX uses 2 Lithium 123 batteries, that is 6 Volts to play with instead of 3.

The Legend LX already has a big aluminum bezel that would make for a great built in heat sink.

So, would it be possible to overdrive the LS even further, or maybe even put two LS in the head, if that is at all possible.

The goal here is, obviously, brighter!

Again, I really like my Lambda Illuminator. Thanks for making a great light!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambda,

Maybe I should be waiting for the 5W Luxeons to start coming out.

I am sure that you will be making some interesting modifications of those puppies.

But Still, let me know about the Ultra Illuminator!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuddTX:
Lambda,

Maybe I should be waiting for the 5W Luxeons to start coming out.

I am sure that you will be making some interesting modifications of those puppies.

But Still, let me know about the Ultra Illuminator!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember the 5W is just four "improved" 1W chips in the same package. It will certainly be more efficient and brighter than overdriving the current batwing Luxeons. However, it will also be priced ~ $36US, maybe even higher.

It will take a few more guts to overdrive that chip and risk burning it out..................

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lux Luthor:
If I'm not mistaken, the one on the left looks bluer and BRIGHTER.
shocked.gif
Is that really the one with the LS?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the one on the left is the Luxeon being driven by an Illuminator circuit in warp drive.....

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
this is for lambda...

yesterday evening one of my companies drivers drove a fully loaded concrete mixer a little too fast around a corner and promptly flipped the truck on its side, by the time two wreckers showed up the 34,000 lbs. of concrete had hardened up to a point that even when righted and the engine started we could not turn the drum so its a total loss, the truck which was slated to be retired later this year will now be cut up for parts. A very long day for me, it was 10 pm when we righted the truck, 16 hours on the clock for me.

But
wink.gif
while waiting for the wrecker to arrive I struck up a conversation with the City police officers, some have already bought my Legend AAA LED from the Snapon dealers that I supply and about 4 of the LEOs were there and I displayed lambdas mod to them, they were totally impressed!
cool.gif
and they all wanted to buy mine right on the spot. Even in broad day light it was impressive. I made some promises to first supply our Wasilla, Alaska city Police with the best of lambdas drivers in the latest LED emitters this next winter.

true story...just another day in my life.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambda,

I know that you have people knocking down your door wanting to buy more Lambda Illuminator's, (I want 2 or 3 more myself!), and I saw on your web site that you will have more for sale in a few weeks (thanks!).

I guess my question is, will you be offering the "Ultra Illuminator" or any other mod's in the future?

Isn't it a nice feeling to know that people want to buy your products?

Thanks!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
this is for lambda...

yesterday evening one of my companies drivers drove a fully loaded concrete mixer a little too fast around a corner and promptly flipped the truck on its side, by the time two wreckers showed up the 34,000 lbs. of concrete had hardened up to a point that even when righted and the engine started we could not turn the drum so its a total loss, the truck which was slated to be retired later this year will now be cut up for parts. A very long day for me, it was 10 pm when we righted the truck, 16 hours on the clock for me.

But
wink.gif
while waiting for the wrecker to arrive I struck up a conversation with the City police officers, some have already bought my Legend AAA LED from the Snapon dealers that I supply and about 4 of the LEOs were there and I displayed lambdas mod to them, they were totally impressed!
cool.gif
and they all wanted to buy mine right on the spot. Even in broad day light it was impressive. I made some promises to first supply our Wasilla, Alaska city Police with the best of lambdas drivers in the latest LED emitters this next winter.

true story...just another day in my life.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan,

Sounds like your having the time of your life!

I know what you mean; when I first made the Illuminator, I proudly showed it to everyone. They of course asked "how much", "ok, I'll take one"........

Now days I hide it in my pocket and change the subject when asked about it. There just are not enough hours in a day to make these for everyone that wants them.

To date, counting the prototype I sent you, online orders and local sales, I think the count is up to 66 Illuminators I've made in the last few weeks.

I really do need a break!.........

moraino

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lambda:
Dan,

Sounds like your having the time of your life!

I know what you mean; when I first made the Illuminator, I proudly showed it to everyone. They of course asked "how much", "ok, I'll take one"........

Now days I hide it in my pocket and change the subject when asked about it. There just are not enough hours in a day to make these for everyone that wants them.

To date, counting the prototype I sent you, online orders and local sales, I think the count is up to 66 Illuminators I've made in the last few weeks.

I really do need a break!.........
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about starting a new assembly line and hire some handy guys to do it?

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
But, Lambda, if you make up the kits for the mods, we could do our own, and you would be able to do your own thing for awhile. I'd like one of your Illuminators, but I guess a kit would be fine.

Any news on that front?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambda,

I grabbed this off of your web site and thought that I would post it here so that others can also read it:
===============
Also, my wife returns Thurs from a two week visit with the daughter and grandson, so she will be able to do the packing and shipping for me while I'm at work. It has been a real race to get shipments out by the time the post office closes here at 4:55PM. I get out of work around 3:00PM, drive 45 minutes to get home, walk the dog, address, pack, and then race to the post office and usually make them stay a few minutes late to get the orders shipped. Not the best method, but I've been a one man show the last couple of weeks.
===============

I am sure proud of my LI, and I appreciate the time and effort that goes into your product.

I have a consulting "gig" with computers that I was thrilled to get at first. Extra Money! Great! People Appreciating me, GREAT! But after awhile, I just wish it were over. I know that I will miss those extra checks, and it looks great on my resume, but I want my time too.

I think that most of us here can wait for their lights on your timetable. I know that I want 2 or 3 more Lambda Illuminators, and would love to get an Ultra Illuminator too, but on your timetable.

Maybe you can find a business partner to help make your lights.

I also appreciate you controlling your sales. It must have been tempting to just take orders, then get swamped with hundreds of orders. Good forethought on your part!

Thanks again and looking forward to more mod's!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
BuddTX,

While the "walk the dog" part in the above may not seem important, my dog Hershy weighs in at over 100lbs. After she's been couped up all day in the house, it really is a very important step, if you know what I mean...........

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Kevin should do what I am doing, just live a little and not give in to demands. I just put everything on hold, all my hundreds of emitters, cases, circuits are put away until after summer.Realistically this is just a hobby for me and not a reliable source of income. So thus a hobby is supposed to be fun, not a demand to perform by others.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
BuddTX,

While the "walk the dog" part in the above may not seem important, my dog Hershy weighs in at over 100lbs. After she's been couped up all day in the house, it really is a very important step, if you know what I mean...........
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I thought the "walk the dog" part to be a very important part!

I have a Jack Russell Terrier, and if I don't walk her for at least an hour "off the leash", she becomes a Jack Russell TERROR!

I think it is important for a dog owner to be serious about taking care of your dog. Otherwise, why have a dog?

I use your light daily to walk her, and the LI works our wonderfully! I just discovered miles of dirt trails about a quarter mile from my house. The LI in one hand and the Brinkmann LX in the other, a great combination.

Actually, I want to get a Nite-ize belt clip and mount two LI's (one on each side) and use that as normal illumination, and use the LX when I need to see what mischief my dog is getting into ahead of me on the trail.

I know a person who has a Jack Russell Terrier, and NEVER walkes the dog. Just has a small back yard to let the dog out.

Small backyards are wonderful for some dogs, (I had two Miniature Schnausers growing up), and the yard was plenty big, but not so for a JRT.

Matter of fact, I found these trails, because a neighbor was taking his two Lab's walking there, and he was telling me that the back yard doesn't cut it for his dogs either, they are big dogs and they need to run and get their exercise.

Of course, my dog ran circles around them!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
Kevin should do what I am doing, just live a little and not give in to demands. I just put everything on hold, all my hundreds of emitters, cases, circuits are put away until after summer.Realistically this is just a hobby for me and not a reliable source of income. So thus a hobby is supposed to be fun, not a demand to perform by others.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, Dan, that be my plan for next couple weeks to take a break. Time to get control of it before it controls me.

I'll offer Illuminators, and other lights for sale in a couple weeks, but only after I've built them first. No more pre-orders and racing to fill them; that just takes the fun out of it.

signals

Newly Enlightened
We really appreciate it Lambda.. Thanks for putting all of the effort into it. [Anxiously awaiting the LI that was shipped to me yesterday!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
]

-Kevin