Question: Number Of Flashlights

3_gun

Enlightened
I have had to many lights well before I found this site. I found this board while looking for my "unicorn" after a major shift in my needs/wants/use of/in a light changed. I had a lot to catch up on. I have or at least got close to finding a "unicorn"; a single cell, edc sized light that was as bright & had the throw of a search light, could light up a field like the sun with a floody beam + run all night@300L or so. Hank lights have gotten me the closest to checking all the boxes. The D4k w/W1 throw+351s flood works well as does the slightly larger D4sv2 with the same pairing, then the DT8k w/throw & flood optics raised the bar even higher. As all are duel channel lights the run times & heat management are good as long as you're just using one or the other channel at reasonable outputs. To much is never enough so I added a D18 w/12 flood+6 throw optics AND a DM1.12 to the mix. Bigger really is better, at least for throw/flood/run times are concerned. EDC size suffered BUT both have been used as an EDC light more than once. I've got 26 Hank lights at last count ranging from the D2 to a K1 & now the M44 duel channel light is out. Of course none of this touches on the Acebeam, Fenix, Olight, Zebra, Sofirn. Maglite, Skilhunt, etc lights I have now. To many? Yea I don't have enough pockets or belt space for All of them but I do have the right light for all my needs now; I just haven't found a true unicorn, yet

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who here thinks they have too many flashlights?

Or is that a dumb question?
I think that is kind of like asking a wine connoisseur if they have too many bottles of wine in their wine cellar, so yeah, it could be a dumb question.

Now, ask them if their spouse or significant other thinks they have too many flashlights! :ROFLMAO:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Not me. I don't think I have too many. More than what I can use, sure, but whether in beam profile, tint, power or firmware, practically none of my torches overlap. And I love my variety, I can pick one light suiting my tastes to carry one day and if I feel different the next day, I can choose another.

Reactions: hsa

ghostguy6

Enlightened
I have more than I need but less than I want. When the manufacturer's finally develop the perfect light for me I will stop. Of course my needs are always changing making it impossible to design the perfect light.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well if you have enough to use a different light every day for a year you may have to many😂😂

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thread was mostly in jest. I suppose I should have also asked how many you own. hehe

The Hawk

Enlightened
There is no such thing as too many of several things. Too much money? Nope. Too many guns? Nope. Too many flashlights? Nope, I could go on, but you get my drift. As for me, I am always on the hunt for just one (or two) more.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I once had a closet full of milsurp rifles which took up to much room so I traded them for a host for a Glock GTL.

I'm wording it this way even though I discovered the GTL later.....

Lights are like watches, they don't take up as much room and are high value sometimes.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always feel like I have too many, but at this point the collection has a purpose of its own and can't easily be changed. Making it smaller would be like taking words out of the dictionary.

On the other hand I'm pretty happy with the modern flashlights I use. Just have a few that take care of all my lighting needs.