Ra Clicky Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Cave Dave!! I will order that lens from Flashlightlens as it would be good for what I use sometimes, I now edc the 140CN and really do like the beam which is narrow and perfect imo.

The flashlight lens replacement is not something you want to be swapping out very often. I consider it semi-permanent.

If you want something instantly removable get a surefire F04 Beamshaper diffuser. It is a rubber piece with a Heavy LDF window built in and slips on and off. It won't work with the stock clip in place though.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Quick question:

I have the locator flash enabled on my Clicky EDC 120. It seems that occasionally when I press the tailcap switch to turn on, the light won't respond. Based on the timing it appears to be when the locator flash was just about to blink.

Has anyone else seen this and is it a problem, or just usual behavior?

mwaldron

Enlightened
Yes, it's a know firmware bug. Call Henry and talk to him, he can fix it if you're willing to send it in for service.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I have at least one light that still does this. I wouldn't bother sending it in to get it fixed -- it's a minor inconvenience at most.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Okay, thanks guys. I guess if I have some free time I will contact Henry, but my light has already been in to him once for the low level flickering problem. Not so sure I can part with my Clicky EDC for another block of time, I like it too much. :rolleyes:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bigfoot, the solution is easy, just buy another one!!

bigfoot

Enlightened
Hehe, from your mouth to my bank account's ears. This is the first light that has cured me from needing to even check on the latest and greatest.

ecallahan

Enlightened
Has anyone purchased the 120wwcn yet? I have the 100 wwcn, and I'm wondering how it compares. According to Henry, the 120ww steps down to 85 after the burst (the 100 ww steps down to 70 after the burst). I love my 100 ww, but I'm really hesitant to try and raise the funds for the 120 ww if there isn't much difference.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone purchased the 120wwcn yet? I have the 100 wwcn, and I'm wondering how it compares. According to Henry, the 120ww steps down to 85 after the burst (the 100 ww steps down to 70 after the burst). I love my 100 ww, but I'm really hesitant to try and raise the funds for the 120 ww if there isn't much difference.

I don't have them but 20 lumens is not a difference worth spending extra money on IMO. It might be worth it to save your money until the difference is more significant like say 100 lumens brighter.

callmaster

Enlightened
I don't have them but 20 lumens is not a difference worth spending extra money on IMO. It might be worth it to save your money until the difference is more significant like say 100 lumens brighter.

I'd agree with that. Once there's a 200ww around. Nothing's gonna stop me from making that purchase.

Matt7337

Enlightened
Hello again all, I'm back on CPF for a bit. I seem to only visit here when I need to pick your brains. Sorry about that, but I am very active on several other forums and there is only so much free time in the day for web trawling!

I already have a twisty which is by FAR the best light that I own and definately the most useful, but I love clicky buttons so I am going to invest in an RA twisty and just wanted to ask a few questions about the different options that are available on them. What I am thinking of going for is:

• LED: 170 lumen, narrower beam pattern
  • Bezel: Crenelated, titanium, black
  • Clip: Black
  • Button: Flush
  • Operation: Tactical

- What is the flush battery tube? I cannot find it on the RA website and haven't seen any pics of it, a picture to explain would be nice!

- What is all this talk of the stated output only being a burst? What does the 170 lumen step down to if this is the case on the tactical model?

- How much harder (if at all) is it to program the tactical clicky to have the output settings that I want (probably low, medium, high and strobe in that order)

- What am I best running it on? Atm I am running my twisty on 123 primaries but would like to be able to run them both on the same type of cell, preferably rechargeable.

- Are they as good as or better than the twisty? I freaking love mine and sending it back to Henry to get the dicrepancy in rotational distance between modes fixed this week almost killed me :D

Thanks in advance everyone :)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Hello again all, I'm back on CPF for a bit. I seem to only visit here when I need to pick your brains. Sorry about that, but I am very active on several other forums and there is only so much free time in the day for web trawling!

I already have a twisty which is by FAR the best light that I own and definately the most useful, but I love clicky buttons so I am going to invest in an RA twisty and just wanted to ask a few questions about the different options that are available on them. What I am thinking of going for is:

• LED: 170 lumen, narrower beam pattern
  • Bezel: Crenelated, titanium, black
  • Clip: Black
  • Button: Flush
  • Operation: Tactical

- What is the flush battery tube? I cannot find it on the RA website and haven't seen any pics of it, a picture to explain would be nice!

- What is all this talk of the stated output only being a burst? What does the 170 lumen step down to if this is the case on the tactical model?

- How much harder (if at all) is it to program the tactical clicky to have the output settings that I want (probably low, medium, high and strobe in that order)

- What am I best running it on? Atm I am running my twisty on 123 primaries but would like to be able to run them both on the same type of cell, preferably rechargeable.

- Are they as good as or better than the twisty? I freaking love mine and sending it back to Henry to get the dicrepancy in rotational distance between modes fixed this week almost killed me :D

Thanks in advance everyone :)

The flush battery tube is just that,it will tail stand.The other tail cap is raised with the switch sticking out.

The burst that is talked about is the highest level of the light but it will only stay on for 10 seconds.You can hit it over and over as many times as you like but cant set it to stay at that level.After the 10 seconds it will drop to the next highest level and stay put.The 120 is 120 burst 85 for the highest level

Programing the tactical is the same as all the rest of the models.

I have the twisty and a clicky both the best lights i have used can't go wrong with either.

Matt7337

Enlightened
Thanks for your help. Like I said I haven't been around CPF much lately as I am a very active member on bit-tech.net, mainly because I am a dedicated member of the Custom PC & bit-tech "folding @ home" team.

I had seen that thread when it was only for the twisty but I will go and have a good read through it now and find out all there is to know about the clicky before I order it. Thanks again :)

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
170 Cn : LED off center

It's been 3 weeks now that I have my beloved 170Cn and I noticed of course immediately that the LED is far away from being perfectly centered. It is probably 1mm of what we are talking here... :sick2:

A few days ago I did some thoroughly testing of the beam, pointing it at the ceiling I was able to detect the exact place where the distance emitter-reflector is largest. OK, in outdoor use you won't probably notice anything, but each time I look into the head of my 200$+ flashlight, I'm disappointed. :shakehead

There are exactly 3 different possibilities now :

- Sending the light back to Henry to get it fixed. No way, I already had to send back my 140C because of flickering issues. It's too expensive, too risky and takes too much time for an off-centered emitter.

- Accepting that my light isn't perfect and avoid looking into the reflector. I guess it'll be that way...

- Trying to fix it myself. During the first try, I was not even able to get out the reflector, so I don't know how the pill is fixed, if it has some screws you can loossen and adjust the position or if it is glued. I am no home worker, and if I'll need other tools and equipement than my fingers and a screwdriver, I won't give it a try for sure.

I'm sure someone can tell me what procedure would be necessary to get that emitter centered... lovecpf

mbassoc2003

Newly Enlightened
That is something that should have been picked up by quality control. From the sounds of it, it should never have left the factory in the first place. Either it was manufactured that way, or has moved during transit, both of which are manufacturing faults.

I completely sympathize with you on the cost of sending lights back to Henry. The problem seems to be that he ships lights that have manufacturing faults and then expects the buyer to pay to have them returned, instead of quality checking his product before they are shipped.

Like so many others here, I have accepted that my flashlights have faults as I don't want to endure the expence of having them fixed. Sounds like you're going to make the same decision. Welcome to the club.

Matt7337

Enlightened
Well like I said I have had to ship my beloved twisty 85-Tr back to HDS for repair this week. I'd rather spend the money sending it and getting an in-warranty fault fixed than put up with a less than perfect flashlight. I certainly hope that my Clicky which I should be ordering on Friday of this week comes well made.

Just as a side note, does anyone recall which site you can buy the little waterproof box for the twisty from? It has a foam insert and holes cut out for CR123's and the light itself. I was going to get one long ago but didn't get around to it.

Thanks

Matt

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
Just as a side note, does anyone recall which site you can buy the little waterproof box for the twisty from? It has a foam insert and holes cut out for CR123's and the light itself. I was going to get one long ago but didn't get around to it.

Thanks

Matt
I got my case with the light itself. Battery Station had an offer that gave away the case and extra batteries when you ordered it. I can find out what model the box is and you could buy one. As far as the foam insert goes; I think I still have mine (the case is being used for other things now). If I still have it, I would be willing to let you have it for postage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts