Ra Clicky Waterproof question

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez... for such an expensive light, you would think you don't have to worry about anything... but I find that I am constantly stressing over little things that should have been corrected upon shipping...

Compatibility with future unknown after market parts was not a consideration in the design ... nor should it have been.

callmaster

Enlightened
The clicky wasn't designed to have the clip right under the bezel. That's why there are two screw holes provided for the stock clip.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clicky wasn't designed to have the clip right under the bezel. That's why there are two screw holes provided for the stock clip.

Agreed. I think this experience more than speaks for itself. :crazy:

I do not like having the Lens and LED exposed like that, no matter how nice looking the clip is. I guess the best approach is just get a nice clip that can be carried bezel down that doesn't block the engraving... after that I should be set. Either that or get a thicker O-ring between the lens... Because truthfully... I cannot stand looking at the light like this anymore... Even if I untwist the bezel to show the writing... it is still not proportionate and that also bothers me... My ideal clip would be on the other side of the engraving or just flat out not blocking the most beautiful part of the bezel.

IMG00186-20090627-0051.jpg

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello All,
This clip I offer with the O-ring provided allows the light to retain the stock water resistance and beam focus.

If anyone is dissatisfied with my product, you are welcome to return it for a full refund.

CaNo, I am unsure of the cause of your troubles.
If you need help in some way, please PM me and I will be happy to help with your mod.

beamshots6-24047.jpg

beamshots6-24048.jpg

beamshots6-24049.jpg

beamshots6-24050.jpg

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello All,
This clip I offer with the O-ring provided allows the light to retain the stock water resistance and beam focus.

If anyone is dissatisfied with my product, you are welcome to return it for a full refund.

CaNo, I am unsure of the cause of your troubles.
If you need help in some way, please PM me and I will be happy to help with your mod.

beamshots6-24047.jpg

Moddoo, this reply alone shows why I buy from CPF'ers. This is very notable of you, and for the record, your product is quality.

Looking at the picture above I am wondering if I put the O-rings too low and too close... (I had put them as low as possible and leaving no gap between.) I will try this approach, and if I come across any complications, I will definitely PM you. Thanks again Tom!

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just realized the problem.... The Twisty has more thread than the Clicky. The clicky only has a third of the thread the twisty has. I will take a picture to illustrate this tomorrow.

callmaster

Enlightened
The stock clip really shouldn't be blocking the bezel. I'm guessing it was a mistake getting the engraving done on that side. Sometimes it happens.

There's a titanium clip from chip which does the job as well if interested. You can search for it.

A few have tried the clip under bezel, and there have been some issues with the programming, and getting the light to work properly after. It wasn't suppose to be there, hence the screw holes.

dagored

Enlightened
When the flashlight is shaken... you hear something loose. And I believe it is the lens problem you are referring to. I have an O-ring in front of the lens and behind it. Also to get the bezel to face the position I want, I placed an extra O-ring between the bezel and the body where the clip resides. These little fixes are a nightmare! I kind of almost regret getting this light truthfully. I fix one problem, now I have another one. Now I have to worry about the lens situation... All the O-rings it came with are currently in use too to add on to the troubles...:sigh:
:broke:

I had the same problem. Went to Lowes. Purchased #30 o-rings: 7/8 OD x 3/4 ID x 1/16.

Unscrew the bezel - remove the stock o-ring at bottom of threads. Put new o-ring there. Put on Moddoo's clip - Place stock o-ring over top. In bezel stock o-ring- lens - new o-ring. Tighten. You now have o-rings on both sides of the lens and above and below the clip at the base of the bezel. No rattle and if this does not work, something besides the screw hole in the side of your light is messed up.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stock clip really shouldn't be blocking the bezel. I'm guessing it was a mistake getting the engraving done on that side. Sometimes it happens.

There's a titanium clip from chip which does the job as well if interested. You can search for it.

A few have tried the clip under bezel, and there have been some issues with the programming, and getting the light to work properly after. It wasn't suppose to be there, hence the screw holes.

I was looking into that, and sent chip a PM, but no response yet. Kinda hefty ($$$) but ill give it a shot, ill switch every now and then depending on my mood i guess.

I tried making the "under the bezel clip" a bezel down clip by unscrewing the part of the flashlight that houses the clicky, and that is where i found the programming problems, but no problems when the clip is actually under the bezel. I really do not have any problems now that i figured out where the o-rings go. It is obviously not going to be as tight (for water proofing purposes) as without the clip on, but I'm about 98% sure that the O-ring under the lens will do the job of keeping the water out of the LED.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It took me awhile, but I am finally going to post the pictures of my final results. Also this setup is completely waterproof, and does not have a gap between the lens, which is a huge relief. Thank you to fairway1 for the screws. I definitely think the black screws fit this light the best, and it does not take any attention away from Moddoo's beautiful clip. By positioning the clip away from the engraving, it helps prevent any dings and scratches when carrying the light in my front pocket (on the engraved side that is).

IMG00195-20090704-1516.jpg

IMG00192-20090704-1514.jpg

IMG00194-20090704-1515.jpg

IMG00193-20090704-1515.jpg

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you got everything figured out.

Nice looking pics.

Thanks for the update.