Raw Da (Damascus) Sign Up List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Nice! :)

Very cool pattern, at least on the top/bottom of the bars. Kinda hard to tell from that picture how it will look from the side when it's machined and polished...

I think these will be absolutely beautiful. Maybe the best looking flashlights ever :grin2:

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened
orb said:
raw-da2.jpg

It will be a few weeks before the CNC shop can load this small Run.
In the mean time I will practise the Hardening & Etching Process.

Hey Rob, looks like you got a really nice pattern of damasteel - any way you can let us see what the round part looks like etched? :)

and, a really left field question here - any chance some of these can be run as cr2 raws? I'd guess no, but have to ask. Color me crazy, but
I prefer the cr2 version, even without the o-rings.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
It looks a bit like Odins eye, or bird pattern, if its got a slight twist it will look like this
f4_ords_8.jpg

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
What a shame to take that beautiful chunk of steel and cut most of it away. If Rob could only core the body and save the piece that comes out where the cell goes. Then he could make an even smaller light out of the damascus core.

Steve

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
SteveStephens said:
What a shame to take that beautiful chunk of steel and cut most of it away. If Rob could only core the body and save the piece that comes out where the cell goes. Then he could make an even smaller light out of the damascus core.

Steve
And then an even smaller light out of THAT core..... and..... :whistle:

Cliff

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
Cliffnopus said:
And then an even smaller light out of THAT core..... and..... :whistle:

Cliff
Yes, and that's nano (not Nano) technology.
Think of all the waste on Mr. Bulk's damascus light. The core on that one might made a RAW DA alone. Waste is part of what makes these lights costly.

Steve

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Here's another similar pattern, you can see the effect you'll get around the body of the DARAW, at least it will have a pretty bottom :grin2: and we all like those
wilkins5.jpg

marcspar

Enlightened
Any updates/news on these little sculptures, Rob?

I am trying to figure out if I can afford the set of three raws in the meantime....

Marc

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened
marcspar said:

I am trying to figure out if I can afford the set of three raws in the meantime....

Marc

I put the picture from that bst post on my desktop :lolsign:. Now its only a matter of time. Cheers to Rob for always producing such excellent photos of his lights.

But, not to hijack the thread - everyone here probably knows Rob is busy with the Raw SS right now, and I'm sure he'll tell us as soon as there's news on the DA.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
marcspar said:

Marc
The Raw Da is in the Queue @ the CNC shop, They are busy as usual & just have to wait my turn. Looking like Sept to get these started.
In the mean time I can perfect the Heat treating & Etching Proccess.

OuchMyWallet: (MyFinger) Can never resist a gag with your Name!! :crackup:
Here is another nice photo thanks again to Chris W M @ torch Reviews who does all the brilliant white back ground shots for me.
sixraws1.jpg

ibcj

Enlightened
Please put me down as interested (after PSM of course). Just in case anyone drops out or there are extras. Thanks

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
I hope to see some more pictures of this light soon, especially a pic of what the pattern on the sides will look like. I think this is going to be a real gem (as if the rest of the Raws weren't already :) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.