Rechargables in SF 6PX or P2X Fury???

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I let my imagination take over me. So the Fury was taken apart with pure hand strength, where the 6PX needed the Home Depot two strap wrench removal technique. I did not add a contact spring on the (+) side (head side) thought it might add resistance. Because of this only my button top 2200 mAh 18650s work. The Fury and the 6PX both had this contact ring sandwiched between the body and the head, but a CPFer stated it had worked without it and it did. I tried to put the Fury one back on and it kinda got deformed so I took it out. The only thing I see this is good for is if someone was going to constantly be removing the head which would maybe cause wear to the circuit board contact. My buddy who has a machine shop did this as a favor for me.

Fury6PX2.jpg

Last edited:

pinetree89

Enlightened
My buddy who has a machine shop did this as a favor for me.

I'm jealous!

This is the only thing preventing me from EDCing my 6PX. If it could take 18650s I'd be a perfect light for me. I wish somebody would set up a cottage business doing these. :paypal:

I'd pick up a Fury too if I could get it bored.

Alas, Oveready will not touch the "X" series unless he gets an order of 50 or more with the head pre-removed. :(

Nice lights, I'm sure they will serve you well for many years!

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run a 17670 in my Fury, and it works great! No perceived loss of output and pretty good runtime (I've never ran it until it shut down), and it makes a great hand warmer!