Recommendation requested - Neutral/Warm lantern, outdoor yard use

angerdan

Enlightened
Depending on the image its a usual standard 18650. So no proprietary, it's the same cell like in most fenix/nitecore flashlights.

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
Depending on the image its a usual standard 18650. So no proprietary, it's the same cell like in most fenix/nitecore flashlights.
Actually no, it runs a proprietary 18650 cell with both the cathode and anode on both ends. Apparently, this is so you can insert a spare battery in the dark without having to worry which end is which. :shrug:

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) The Gentos EX-777XP is currently available on that popular auction site for $29.99 with free shipping. I paid more than double that to import mine directly from Japan. This model is now several years old, but, if color quality is more important than absolute brightness, it might be a good buy.

2) The Nitefighter "300 Lumen Ultra Bright LED Lantern" Amazon product code "B00U2079RK" is no longer available, and the reason why is quite interesting.

Details here.

3) However, the Gentos SOL-113P/213P is still available.

4) I am always curious about current draw (power consumption) with lanterns; if someone with the Nitefighter or Gentos would be willing to take current readings at 4.5V (three alkaline "D" cells or equivalent) I would definitely appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

HotterRod

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to figure out my best option in Canada for a warm lantern that doesn't run on D-cells. The Gentos SOL-036c seems to be the only one I can get on eBay that I can be sure is warm white (unlike rebranded Favourlights). What are the other warm AA options?

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to figure out my best option in Canada for a warm lantern that doesn't run on D-cells. The Gentos SOL-036c seems to be the only one I can get on eBay that I can be sure is warm white (unlike rebranded Favourlights). What are the other warm AA options?
Princeton Tec Helix Basecamp, Black Diamond Voyager, Apollo and Moji XP are all good choices for warm AA lanterns. The later of which has a dome type of diffuser and is best suited as a down light. Makes a great tent light actually.

jonathanluu2

Newly Enlightened
I'll add to the list for what its worth: R-PAL. It came up back in 2014 and has become a reality. Still just as expensive.

300lm
waterproof
made in usa
(1) 18650
regulated output
$130
r-pal_featured_medium.jpg

angerdan

Enlightened

angerdan

Enlightened
I got the Sofirn BLF LT1 as well as the Zanflare T1. Booth are recommendable :)