Recommendations Needed: 2AAA EDC Light

Nephron44

Enlightened
Hey everyone!

I often EDC a Streamlight Protac 2AAA and I really like it! Good throw, good spill, durable, reliable, good run time, and can take a licking and keep on ticking! Just like my old Timex watches. Plus, Streamlight has a GREAT warranty!

I'm looking for something new to throw in my pockets, but would like to stick with a 2AAA setup as I really like the size and battery availability. Any suggestions?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Lumintop IYP365. It is a 2 AAA penlight in smooth black with silver highlights. You have your choice of a CREE XP-G2 R2 (6700-7100 K) or a Nichia 219BT (3900-4100K - really nice tint). The Nichea puts out 25/1.5/125 lumens while the Cree does 40/3/200. I put the lumens in that order because the IUP365 has no mode memory, and always starts in Medium, then Low, then High. Right now it is selling for $25 at GearBest. I have one and just ordered another as a give-away. It is classy enough that I would have no qualms wearing it with a suit in a business setting.

These are nice.

7QnaTN6.jpg

The New Preons are initially set to Configuration 2 with High and Low. They can be reconfigured as often as you'd like. Here are the possible configurations:

• Config. 1: High
  • Config. 2: High - Low
  • Config. 3: High - Strobe
  • Config. 4: Low - Med - High - Strobe
  • Config. 5: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS - Beacon (hi) - Beacon (lo)
    BRIGHTNESS LEVELSLow: 10 lumens, 20 hrs
    Medium: 90 lumens, 3 hrs
    High: 220 lumens, 1 hr
$50 before CPF 12% discount and free shipping. You can't beat the ten year warranty. It comes in any color you want, as long as that's blue or black.

~ Chance

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Bushnell is a nice floody single speed 2AAA light with a momentary forward clickie, for about $20.00.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The INOVA XP is a solid light for around $25 although the UI is a bit limited with the twisty tailcap. Those new 4Sevens Preons Chaucey Gardiner posted look pretty nice if your willing to spend a little more money.

ingineer

Newly Enlightened
Nephron;
What a strange appellation my medical part of my mind says kidney , i have your torch as well as a bunch of Preons, but the Ti4t is the one now in my shirt pockets
the others reside in the kitchen draw
Starts off with a firefly suitable for eye checks, looks like an executive / doctor's light.
All my Lumintops are all great little lights though, at that price something to consider

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Lumintop IYP365. It is a 2 AAA penlight in smooth black with silver highlights. You have your choice of a CREE XP-G2 R2 (6700-7100 K) or a Nichia 219BT (3900-4100K - really nice tint). The Nichea puts out 25/1.5/125 lumens while the Cree does 40/3/200. I put the lumens in that order because the IUP365 has no mode memory, and always starts in Medium, then Low, then High. Right now it is selling for $25 at GearBest. I have one and just ordered another as a give-away. It is classy enough that I would have no qualms wearing it with a suit in a business setting.

+1. My vote goes to Nichia version. Absolutely positive experience. Changes modes with half presses.

dsc00169v8qeb.jpg

Last edited:

GODOFWAR

Banned
Lumintop IYP365 Nichia the best 2 AAA on the market nothing can come close!